Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What a funky year! And hello!

Posted by editornj 7 Coastal NJ (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 16, 12 at 10:01

Hi, there,

I'm pretty sure this is my first time posting this year. My containers dried out so quickly from lack of rain, but some things went nuts, and are outgrowing their containers like squash... and I'm not ready for them!

Just hoping for some sympathy. And for the first time I have to explore starting containers NOW to make up for the ones that dried out before I could water them.

Happy sowing/planting. :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What a funky year! And hello!

Hi edi! That totally stinks they dried up on you!! I've had to water quite a bit too, just finally getting some good rains here in the last couple days. At least you got some good squash plants to get your garden started. :)

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 16, 12 at 11:45

If I could only send you some of my rain. Our Spring has been so wet and cool, I'm behind on everything outdoors. My deck, pots, downspouts all have green algae on them and moss is everywhere. Weeding is done in bits and spurts, but nothing has been edged - I've got things I'd planned to divide and my ground too wet to spade. It's raining now and 48F at 8:45 in the morning, this won't be an outside day either.

I've got a little stack of seed packets on my desk of things that didn't require a chill still to sow, and an order I didn't need on its way from Gardens North - couldn't pass up their half-price April sale :(

o

I'm like you editornj, I'm waiting for some MUCH needed Rain!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here