Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My zinnia sprouted in 5 days!

Posted by ellenr 7A NJ (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 17, 14 at 10:31

These are seeds I got from Crosman's. Last year I had excellent germination from Crosman's zinnias.
They were the hit of my garden.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My zinnia sprouted in 5 days!

Very cool!

I am having mixed results with Zinnia germination. However my Zinnia were just one of the few I started indoors this year. Oh how I wish I could still live here but bring the old climate up to these here mountains lol! I barely got a month and a half of bloom from wintersown Calendula nana 'Citrus Cocktail' and other annuals last year....just not enough time I'm afraid...((sigh)).

I harvested these Zinnia 'Profusion Cherry' seeds from 2008 and really didn't expect much if any germination this year, but every single seed germinated within the first week! Then at the same time I also sowed a new package of Zinnia (tall red) variety and got zero after at least 20 days....go figure.

o

Ellen, your post made me go out and check my zinnias, which went out last week. Only one zinnia sprout and, of course, one weed. :)

o

it's weird tho - now several days of germination, it doesn't appear that I will have the number of sprouts that I did last year. Last year, same company, same seeds, - seemed like every seed germinated. This year, much smaller number. oh well..I'll still have many, but not as many as I like.

or maybe there will be more, maybe some are slow-poke.

anyway, I shouldn't complain... as I continue to WS, long after there is any chance of accomodating all the plants in my plot. lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here