Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moonwolf_gw

If Your Garden Had A Song Set To It........

moonwolf_gw
13 years ago

What would it be? I have chosen this gorgeous melody from a series that I adore with all my heart and it's a character's theme from that series. She is a princess by the name of Kakyuu (Japanese for fireball) from the planet Kinmoku (the name for the sweet olive blossoms in Japanese) and she bears the fragrance and the flower motif is prominent on her outfit. This is a remix of the song I found on YouTube, but it's so sweet and mellow and I can picture my garden while listening to it. Enjoy!

Oh and if you recognize her from the series, please let me know! It gives me something extra to talk about (lol).

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Here is a link that might be useful: Theme For My Garden

Comments (28)

• gardenweed_z6a
    13 years ago

The Rolling Stones: "Here Comes Your 19th Nervous Breakdown"

• donka
    13 years ago

I think this song is pretty appropriate. Imagine the garden as the girl :)

Here is a link that might be useful: A Beautiful Mess

• kqcrna
    13 years ago

The Beatles: "Help"

Karen

• ladyrose65
    13 years ago

Chaos

• just1morehosta
    13 years ago

Let it Be.

• sassybutterfly_2008
    13 years ago

"Welcome to the Jungle" would be my overall theme... with a special anthem of " The b**** is Back" dedicated to the poison ivy, and duckweed that come to the concert uninvited year after year after year.... :P

• gardenweed_z6a
    13 years ago

"Help," "Welcome to the Jungle," "Chaos" and "A Beautiful Mess" sure fit!!! I guess I'm not ready for my garden song to be one that relaxes or soothes. Mine is an old garden but redesigning & rearranging it is all still very new and energizing to think about: there are so many potential colors/textures/forms & fragrances that I'm only recently discovering I might add via winter sowing. What it boils down to is what you're comfortable with each growing season--does your garden please your individual eye? At the moment, mine is still very much a work in progress which likely won't end up driving me to a nervous breakdown but will certainly result in multiple aches, pains & sleepless nights.

• northforker
    13 years ago

Just some George Winston piano (my favorite is "December"), not because my garden IS calm and pretty (it isn't) but because, on the good days (think mid season after planting out, before seed collecting!) I am filled with PEACE out there. Just filled with it. And thats why I do it. So essential in my crazy life.

Nancy

• dorothy4981
    13 years ago

Anything written, composed or played by Phil Coulter - my very favorites and the ones I often hear playing in my mind while working in the garden are Serenity and Tranquility.

Dorothy M
    Dancing through life with a smile!

• bettyd_z7_va
    13 years ago

When I saw this I laughed because the first song that popped in my mind is a country song "Wasted Days and Wasted Nights".

I don't care for country music as a whole, but when you live in the middle of 'Redneck' country (born & raised) you hear it whether you want to or not, so I know the song!

When we first moved to this house I had these visions of a beautiful rose garden. At night the deer would come and eat everything I planted that day. Each spring they would come early to help themselves to the tender young growth.

I never saw a rose bloom. They ate blooms, leaves, buds and branches. That's why I gave up on roses.

I love "Welcome to the Jungle", "Chaos" and "A Beautiful Mess", but my favorite would be anything on my Andrea Bocelli "romanza" CD.

It doesn't matter that I don't understand a word he says except "Amore".

His voice can make my heart soar, pour balm on my wounded soul and cause me to fall helplessly in love.

And so does my garden.

Betty

• LilBlossom
    13 years ago

Right now, it is the one below... Hoping it'll get better. :oP

Here is a link that might be useful: Caught out there, Kelis

• noinwi
    13 years ago

"Helter Skelter" came to mind...

• shady_lady_pa
    13 years ago

Let it be.

• rosemctier
    13 years ago

witchi-tai-to. it is my spring anthem and pretty much wraps up how much i love my garden in the spring :D

Here is a link that might be useful: witchi-tai-to

• mnwsgal
    13 years ago

Rosemetier, I love witchi-tai-to. Haven't heard it since the late sixties/early 70s.

The song below is the theme for me here at Meadowlark Gardens.
    It expresses my joy at the end of an all consuming day.

Here is a link that might be useful: It's a Beautiful Thing

• mnwsgal
    13 years ago

Forgot to say, click on Show more under lyrics to see the lyrics.

• terrene
    13 years ago

Well, I don't listen to music when gardening and have never really thought about it. But I do like Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" and it's Spring one of the best seasons!

I never heard that Witchi-tae-to song before - enjoyed listening to that.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vivaldi - Spring

• shemeows
    13 years ago

Frank Sinatra's My Way at the end of each growing season. But in June, when everything is going strong, it would have to be Stevie Wonder's If It's Magic.

• just1morehosta
    13 years ago

These are all great,loved it's a beautiful thing, I read the lyrics,and it is so true, all you can think about is gardening,lol
    Rose, I loved yours also,so funny, I posted this same song on my FB page,just this morning.Along with a few others I love.
    cAROL

• tempusflits
    13 years ago

Being someone who sort of goes along with what will grow in my beds, I guess I'd go for that old Doris Day song, Que Sera Sera.

• drippy
    13 years ago

Last Train to Clarksville came to mind for me - the beat, and the zany Monkees show reminded me of me zooming around my garden with no real sense of organization trying to get something done. Thought the Help & 19th Nervous Breakdown choices were appropriate, too, LOL.

• gardenunusual
    13 years ago

Whole Lotta Love

Led Zeppelin

• rosemctier
    13 years ago

carol, great minds think alike!
    terrene, i love vivaldi!
    drippy, we just bought a house in a town named clarksville and every time i drive there that song is on constant repeat in my head no matter what is on the radio LOL i actually had to google the lyrics because i was driving myself crazy singing only the chorus over and over and over. . .

• dirtbert
    13 years ago

I'd have to go with "Wild Thing"
    LOL

• aquawise
    13 years ago

A little peace of heaven!

• gardenweed_z6a
    13 years ago

I'm sort of surprised no one has mentioned Arlo Guthrie's 'Inch by Inch, Row by Row.' First line works well for many of us: "Pullin' weeds, pickin' stones..."

• trudi_d
    13 years ago

I think I might choose "It's Not Easy Being Green", sung by Kermit.

Here is a link that might be useful: Video of Kermit singing, from 1969

• not_a_contessa
    13 years ago

This may seem a little weird coming from a woman my age, but what comes to mind is a favorite song of mine from Van Halen's 5150 album..."Dreams". One of the lines from it says "we'll get higher and higher..." and that is what I envision my garden doing.

The CD was released in 1986, the year I met my husband, and we used to listen to it on his boat.

Mary

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES