Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's germinating that you have been longing for?

Posted by nan-6161 Z%3A7 Long Island (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 8, 12 at 12:22

I have been trying to grow monkshood (Aconitum Taricum) for years. A friend has a huge stand and says it just multiples and multiples. but I couldn't get germination on seeds I've WSed the past 6 years.

Ta-Da!!!! Today, there are tiny tiny sprouts (4) in the jug. I am going to baby these little sweeties!

What's making you happy in your jugs?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's germinating that you have been longing for?

• Posted by bakemom z6 Central Ohio (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 8, 12 at 18:57

Cabbage leaf rudbeckia or rudbeckia maxima. I harvest a ton of seeds each year and get little to nothing. This year so far, three ROBUST sprouts. They are each removed from the nest and planted in their own private containers with rich miracle gro and room to root! I still have the container full of seeds and chaff and hope I will get more!

o

Rosa rugosa alba, that I harvested in 2008. It is the last of this seed I have, and it is from the very first plant my mother gave me when I first settled in MA. I went beyond the happy dance to some happy tears when I saw those sprouts.

o

Sweet Annie. I just saw the sprouts when I looked in the container today and I was thrilled! It's my first time growing it and I can't wait until it starts to really grow.

Awhile back, my Black Knight Butterfly Bush seeds sprouted and they're doing nicely :).

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

"Roulette Coreopsis" & Agastache

o

Stock is my happy sprout. That Sweet Annie finds itself everywhere in my garden --- you sure you want that?

Friend and I regretted putting it in.

J

o

Leonotis (lion's tail) from a friend's plant. I can't wait for it to grow!

Here is a link that might be useful: my blog

o

Tomatoes, at long last. I'm longing for a big, fat, homegrown summer tomatoes. :-)

Karen

o

lavender...I absolutely love that plant.I sow seeds every yr,even if I sow nothing else,I sow lavender and this yr.I have sprouts...
moonphase

o

• Posted by edie_h 5bNY (Finger Lakes) (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 14, 12 at 16:15

Yvonne's giant red salvia. I can't wait to see its tall gorgeousness in person.

o

Delphinium. I've tried for 4 years with no germination. This year, I have one sprout that I'm trying to keep alive! I didn't think I'd get anything so I don't have a place to put the little guy yet!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here