Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moonwolf_gw

My Newly Potted Hunk O'Seedlings (And A Picture Of Me As Well!)

moonwolf_gw
13 years ago

Hi everyone,

I just got done planting up my clarkia and larkspur seedlings (complete with the window blind tags that Pippi sent me (Thanks Pippi!) and as an added bonus, a picture of me that mom just took! So without further adieu, here they are!

Clarkia and Larkspur (left to right:the five that are lined up are the clarkia, the cluster of four are the larkspur)

{{gwi:376476}}

Me with my new rose bush (planted a few days ago but the picture was taken today)

{{gwi:376477}}

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Comments (11)

• bev2009
    13 years ago

Brad,

Lovely seedlings! You just started gardening recently, didn't you. Are you thinking about going into horticulture? I wish I had when I was young, but I didn't know I had the passion for it them.

Bev

• gardenweed_z6a
    13 years ago

Hi Brad! Thanks for sharing and congratulations! Those are some fine-looking HOS too. Guess you're a believer now and no longer a newbie. Are you keeping a log of what sprouted when and the date you HOS? Hope you post some pictures of my grand-sprouts too!

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you both!

Bev, no I've been around gardening all my life but I am pretty much a greenhorn at most gardening subjects. I have houseplants too. I wish I was taking horticulture courses though.

Gardenweed, I was a beliver from the start! Now I'm getting more and more sprouts and the first ones I saw (these guys) really put my faith in overdrive. I am keeping dates of what containers sprouted when and when I plant up the HOS. Oh don't you worry! I'll be posting pictures for when I do the HOS of the seeds you send me! Grand-sprouts are a good way of putting them! Some of the seeds I planted I don't know the color of the flowers but that's all part of the fun!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• not_a_contessa
    13 years ago

Nice sprouts, and a nice picture of you too. You can see pics of many of us on Ronald's Picassa site. Don't know if he is still adding to it, though. I miss Ronald's posts, he is a very talented gardener who makes amazing things for his gardens.

Mary

Here is a link that might be useful: WS Members

• ladyrose65
    13 years ago

Hello Brad,

The seedlings are really doing well. What is the name of your new rose bush?

• kqcrna
    13 years ago

Nice babies, moonwolf. And good pic of you, too.

Mary, it was good to see our old pics. So many of those folks don't come around any more.

Karen

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Not a contessa, he we're practially neighbors! lol I just might have to go check that site out!

Ladyrose, the rose bush is a grandiflora called Sundowner. It has orange flowers and a spicy fragrance (from what I saw and read on the wrapper, I got it as a semi-bare root as it is in a peat pot!). I can't wait until it blooms!

Karen, thank you!

BTW, in case you're wondering that tree behind me is a Rose of Sharon. We brought it with us from when we moved from the other end of the trailer court (a fire from a neighboring trailer damaged the one we were living in so we had to move. This was a little over five years ago). My gram (mom's mom) and stepdad gave it to us many years ago. We had a larger one (it was purple, this one is a rose pink) but after getting this one out of the ground, we didn't want to go through all that trouble. Sorry for rambling but I just wanted to point out the tree that was behind me.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• tomva
    13 years ago

Good job Brad,I like putting a face to a name..Your sprouts and rose bush look great..

• pippi21
    13 years ago

That's the first time I knew about Ron's site. It was fun to pick out the usernames that are so familiar. What surprizes were in store for you when you saw the pictures? Did some people look like you pictured them to look like? That is the fun of going to plant or seed swaps..you can put a face to a username. Most of the time you are pleasantly surprized.

• bettyd_z7_va
    13 years ago

Hi Brad,

Love your healthy looking HOSs.

This is my first time winter-sowing and I wish I had kept a journal of when I planted what and when they sprouted.

Oh well, live and learn. I will be keeping a journal next year. It sure is fun!

You certainly have the gift of getting things to grow. I like the burgundy color of your rose leaves.

Betty

• not_a_contessa
    13 years ago

Do you think we could be neighbors? PA is such a big state. I'm in Bedford County.

Mary

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor