Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sowed 12 containers today!

Posted by ellenr 7A NJ (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 12, 14 at 15:13

woo-hoo. I've been putting it off. I don't have tons of energy. But I really want flowers - so- today I lined up my materials, and got it done. I am exhausted, but happy.
I plan to do another 12 or so, on another day, and that may be it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sowed 12 containers today!

Congrats!

Vera

o

You and me both, Ellen! By this time I usually have 200 or so containers sown, and I only did 5 last week. Today I doubled my container count by sowing another 6 for a grand total of 11. I figure in a few weeks when it warms up I'll be kicking myself if I have no seedlings to plant, so I'm pushing myself now. Hope to get at least 30 total done.

Good luck to you - we'll be glad we pushed ourselves this year when those flowers bloom!

:)
Dee

o

Dee,
Exactly - re kicking myself.
I think the winter was so long and so cold, it took me a while to get that Spring was really here.
Then I started seeing photos here of baby sprouts, and reading about what people have sowed, and realized I gotta get a move on.

o

Good job Ellen! You won't regret it as the season moves on.

The sowing part is not as fun for me as the sprouts and flowers parts. And I like to have a lot of annuals and biennials of particular colors, etc. and am also doing a little plant breeding, so I GOTTA SOW THEM.

o

Go Ellen! Go!

o

haha, thank you lady rose for that cheer.

You know, I had some health issues about a month ago. I finally decided to start WS'ing with whatever energy I had.
And I actually have been feeling better since I started sowing and gardening!

hmm...medical profession - take notice. :)

o

Eller,
I'm part of the medical profession, and I am only too aware of the value of gardening. Each and every part of gardening can contribute to healing, relaxation, strengthening, improving Vit D levels, minimizing falls and fractures......and on and on. For me it does wonders for my depression. Keep up the good work!

Martha

o

Yes I find gardening very therapeutic.
I esp. find weeding relaxing.
so I invited a friend to the garden who just came out of a mental institution, to see if he wanted to help me weed. He didn't, which is ok.
I hope just being outside amidst the birds and growing things helped him.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here