Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ontheteam

So excited for the RAIN!!!!

ontheteam
12 years ago

We are suppose to get 2 inches of it tonight and tomorrow and I am soooo glad for it. We are 8 inches behind a normal year have a sever drought warning and red flag fire danger watches for the past few weeks. I think i am so excited I'm going to dance in it like a lil kid LOL!!

Comments (11)

• beachgrub
    12 years ago

Haha i felt the same way a week ago and we finally got our fair share. Now we get sun for a few days. My sprouts are happy now. :)

• northforker
    12 years ago

Planted out seedlings like crazy in anticipation of the rain that is suppose to come tonight/tomorrow. I have never seen my beds so dry. I am amazed that plants that alwasy self seed (verbena Bon, calif. poppy, marigold, husker pensemon, amaranth) have reseeded, even with literally no rain for weeks and weeks.

We have asked the irrigation guy to come turn on the system. Hate to do it (we have never done it before Memorial Day) but I just can not keep up with the watering of the "babies" once they are in. He said he is swamped, wil try to get here this week (which means next week...)

On the bright side, I am seeing less weeds.

• moonwolf_gw
    12 years ago

The rain is here right now and I am loving it! I'm sure my sprouts are too. They're calling for the dreaded flakes tommorrow night, and I hope we don't get much. However, I am letting my happiness reign (no pun intended), over the weather now. Hopefully, we'll add a rain chain this year to hang over my rain bucket (not a barrel, a 5 gallon bucket). I have some milkweed right now that's coming up and it has buds on it! Maybe the rain will bring it into bloom and hoping the snow doesn't kill them.

Happy gardening everyone! Hope the rain brings more sprouts (and blooms)!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• ladyrose65
    12 years ago

This afternoon, someone threw a cigarette bud on the mulch of the entrance to Walmart, in Freehold, NJ. It caught on fire! I am hoping for the rain!

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    12 years ago

Um, OK....I'm trying to put myself in your shoes, or boots :) but truly - unimaginable. We're having our first really nice Spring day here, had rain Mon, Tues, Weds, and an additional 2" on Thursday alone. It stopped yesterday around mid day and is beautiful today...but my pant legs are wet from being down on the ground, nothing has really dried yet. What am I doing outside? Mostly, pulling moss :)

But, if its rain you wanted, then congratulations :)

• ontheteam
    Original Author
    12 years ago

HaHa Moraz8,
    I NEVER thought I'd be happy for rain. I lived in Tacoma for 10 years.

But with the lack of snow we got this winter a whole 8 inches instead of 40 and not a SINGLE "April shower" yet we are in a drought and are almost 9 inches behind on where we shouild be for water.

• ohsillyme
    12 years ago

Still waiting for it!!!! I think we need to do a rain dance!

• docmom_gw
    12 years ago

I can't complain either way here in MIchigan. My only problem is that the lawnmower repair place is behind schedule and my grass is looking really ragged. We did mow once, but the blade was so dull it just ripped the top off. Might need to borrow the neighbor's mower. Best of luck to those of you who are weather-challenged.

Martha

• beachgrub
    12 years ago

Docmom, shove your dh out to the garage to sharpen that blade! Takes 20 minutes!

• terrene
    12 years ago

No doubt about it, seeing the big blob of moisture on the weather radar is VERY exciting!

I'm a little bummed that it's going to pour in the middle of peak bloom of Crabapples (SO beautiful) and some other things, but hopefully the blooms and pollination won't be a total bust.

• ladyrose65
    12 years ago

We GOT RAIN! I am happy to see and hear it!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting