Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladyrose65

Sprout Pics-They are growing to the top!

ladyrose65
13 years ago

I don't have to look so far into some of my jugs. Woo...Hoo...! I'm glad, because a spider jumped on my face! Almost lost that jug!

{{gwi:380145}}{{gwi:380146}}

{{gwi:380147}}{{gwi:380148}}

{{gwi:380149}}{{gwi:380150}}

{{gwi:380151}}

Comments (10)

• gardenweed_z6a
    13 years ago

Wow!! Those are some healthy-looking sprouts!! What kind are they? And can you tell me out to post photos side by side like that?

• ladyrose65
    Original Author
    13 years ago

If you put the cursor over the picture, the name of the sprouts should appear.

To get the pictures side by side, I don't put a return after the pictures URL address.

• mandolls
    13 years ago

I'm impressed!. I'm in zone 4 and checked mine today. I have at least a few sprouts in every container except for one, but the are sparse and tiny. I even see one early girl tomato, which made me laugh, its just a speck, while the ones I have indoors under lights are about 10 inches tall and I am pinching off flower buds. This is my first year to try it and I think WS is mostly going to work for perennials for me here. (though the spinach does have true leaves!)

• PVick
    13 years ago

time to get those babies planted out!!!

• terrene
    13 years ago

They look very healthy and well-cared for! I agree, they are ready for planting out. I've got a spider living in one of my containers too. :)

• ladyrose65
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Mandolls, I got a lot of containers that either have no sprouts or 2 sprouts. I just keep them water and in full sun.

Thank You, Pvick and Terrene. I was trying to wait until 2nd week of next month. We still have Frosts in the morning.

• caryltoo Z7/SE PA
    13 years ago

Hi Ladyrose, I planted out my convolvulus yesterday, but it's in baskets so if it's going to get cold I can move them to the garage. We can get frost till mid-May, too, but I'm hoping not. After all this rain I'm hoping for some warm weather at last.

Last year we had a frost warning for May 15 even though the rest of the spring was warm enough that I took the chance and planted my tomatoes out early. Spent some time scrambling to protect a 5X30 section of garden that night, and then we didn't get frost after all.

Someone on here suggested checking for a nearby weather station that tracks weather on a more micro level. I found one online that's a couple of miles away from me and I check it regularly.

Beautiful sprouts, btw. Wait till you see the convolvulus roots. Mine were about half a foot long.

Caryl

• tomva
    13 years ago

Nice job,they look very healthy

• ladyrose65
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you Carlytoo and Tomva.

Is there a website, that can tell you when your area is getting frost?

• gardenunusual
    13 years ago

Wow, you have a sprout situation there!

Awesome!!!

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH