Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rose campion and variations therof

Posted by wendy2shoes z6 S ON (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 27, 14 at 22:13

I recently received and have sprouts of white campion. I can't remember..so long since I w/s rose campion..does it bloom first season?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rose campion and variations therof

mine (both white and pink) have been biennial. Nice fuzzy clump the first year and flowers the second, so let them reseed or collect and plant seeds each year for continuous bloom. I mainly let them do their own thing. :)

o

Hmmmm I remember mine as being perennial and re-seeding a little too well, but easy to hoe out. I received seeds and have somewhere around 15-20 seedlings of Lychnis coronaria 'Angel's Blush'....yeah! Sprouted about a month ago.

Vera

o

well I started to doubt myself so I just had to look up and see what the gardening sites said about it.....and got all different answers. Perennial and biennial mostly, but one site even said they were annuals! :) I guess different kinds grow differently. I always thought that mine were biennial, but maybe I just thought they were and automatically pulled them when they looked withered up after they flowered. Guess I will leave them this year and see what happens next year. :)

o

This is 'one of those' which can do it's own thing. Kind of like some foxgloves - some remain true to their nature of being biennials, and others decided to stay a couple more years, but they never get to the point of real perrenials which can be divided after a few years. :O)

o

Yes....but there are both biennial and perennial species of Foxglove......Digitalis ambigua or AKA D. grandiflora is perennial :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here