Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Sprouts!

Posted by vera_eastern_wa 5a-5b (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 25, 14 at 23:25

Cosmos 'Cosmic Orange'
Eupatorium coelestinum......Blue Mist Flower (now known as Conoclinium coelestinum)
Dimorphotheca.....African Daisy

Vera

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Sprouts!

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Sat, Apr 26, 14 at 13:36

Congratulations ;) The Conoclinium coelestinum (and that's a mouthful) is pretty, it looks almost like a perennial ageratum.

I have a couple of helleborus foetidus seeds sprouting this week so hopefully the others will follow. These were seeds I'd purchased and they weren't moist packed, I'm never sure if I'll get germination the first spring with dry stored seeds or if I'll be waiting another year but these seem to be responding. I needed them for a difficult spot, the deer don't eat helleborus foetidus :)

o

Nice Morz8! Helleborus SHOULD be on my list then LOL!

Oh and C. coelestinum IS also known as Perennial Ageratum. Just like you say though....they only look similar but are all-together separate species :)
I did w'sow annual Ageratum-Floss Flower a few years back and they were amazing in color!! I just loved them!! Just hope I can keep this perennial variety in check since we live in the Clearwater-Nez Perze National Forest and sure would hate to let loose a non-western US/ID native.....eek!

So Helleborus hmmm? Glad to hear it

Vera

o

Go Vera! You are Rockin this season!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here