Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2nd year plants that are blooming this year(pics)

Posted by tomva 7-central virginia (My Page) on
Tue, May 17, 11 at 8:49

Photobucket
RoseCampion and Foxglove
Photobucket
This bloomed very little last year,much nicer plant this year.It was supposed to be milkshake but seems to have reverted back a bit to whiteblush

Photobucket
Lavender just starting to bloom,I definetly love this plant,it is becoming one of my favorites..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2nd year plants that are blooming this year(pics)

Very nice, love the rose campion with the foxglove. Is that mullein in the 2nd picture? How tall was that when it bloomed?

o

Absolutely beautiful! Did the rose campion bloom at all the first year? They will be worth the wait (and practically free!) Linda

o

• Posted by tomva 7-central virginia (My Page) on
    Tue, May 17, 11 at 10:24

Ripley,it is a mullein and its exactly 4ft to top of spike,The seeds were labeled Verbascum Milkshake..Its one that I will definetly keep growing...I want to try and wintersow southern charm next year...

o

• Posted by tomva 7-central virginia (My Page) on
    Tue, May 17, 11 at 11:12

linda the rosecampion didnt bloom for me at all the first year,but I agree it was worth the wait and my fav.word free

o

• Posted by sjc48 5 Michigan (My Page) on
    Tue, May 17, 11 at 11:35

Very nice pictures, Tom! Love the Verbascum! Can anyone tell me-are verbascum/mullein perennials or biennials?

Shirley!

o

So glad you posted these pics. I am growing Verbascum Milkshke this year (got the seeds in a trade) and I have great germination. It's good to know it's height. I am also growing 3 types of Rose campion - fuschia, white, and angel's blush so they should should be beautiful together. I am told they are biennials and will bloom the second year, but the fuschia and white are such great re-seeders you will probably never be without them. Nice photos.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here