Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pixie_lou

Moving the Pot Ghetto

pixie_lou
9 years ago

I made arrangements to have my house power washed. Tomorrow. Amidst all my excitement about the prospects of a shiny clean house, I totally forgot about my 200+ containers that I need to move away from the side of the house. Lest they get showered with detergent and bleach.

I keep walking outside and looking at them all. I know I need to move them. Hard to get the motivation. Sine I know that tomorrow I'll need to move them right back.

Comments (5)

• diggerdee zone 6 CT
    9 years ago

Pixie lou, how did you make out with your pot ghetto? If you were like me, you waited till half an hour before the workers came and then frantically dragged everything away from the house.

Again, if you were like me, you also toyed with the idea of an intensive day of planting while the workers were washing, but spent most of the morning walking around (for the hundredth time) wondering where to put what. Then you came in for lunch, went back outside with a renewed vigor, and planted about 6 plants, if you were lucky.

Then, after the workers left, you may have either 1) pulled the 194 remaining pots back to their usual spot, or 2) decided that the new spot (i.e. wherever you franitically dragged them to that morning "for now") was just as good as the old spot and left them in their new home.

Whatever you did, I hope they all survived the washing - and hope your house looks great too!

:)
    Dee

• pixie_lou
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ha ha ha Dee. You know me well!

The wonderful crew started on the opposite side of the house so I could finish moving the pots. I found a beautiful spot for them. In the middle of the lawn! It's great - I can just put the sprinkler going to,water them! Dappled sunlight since they are near a big tree. There they still reside. My charming DH has mown around them twice! And since he hasn't even complained, I'm thinking that is his way of granting permission to leave them there?

I could actually be moving them back right now, but playing on the internet is less strenuous!

• diggerdee zone 6 CT
    9 years ago

LOL, pixie lou! A woman after my own heart! We sound like two peas in a pod... or in a pot ghetto, lol!

:)
    Dee

• ontheteam
    9 years ago

I should be moving my milk jug getto right now...but I'd rather be here LOL.
    I have them on an upper deck that is going to be rebuilt ,so I have to move them. But DH said I can not put them on the grass..I am not allowed to kill any more grass. So Since I can not decided where to put them I am going to sit here until inspiration strikes me.

• diggerdee zone 6 CT
    9 years ago

ontheteam, it always amazes me how inspiration strikes when you need it most - like when you've got the carpenters standing there ready to demolish your deck, and your husband is standing on the grass with his arms folded shaking his head "no"... I'm sure some divine inspiration will hit you just at that moment, when it's most needed, lol!

Good luck!
    Dee

Sponsored
Through The Garden, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
#1 Landscape Design Build Firm Serving Virginia/Maryland & DC Area