Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tomva_gw

Wintersown Toms

tomva
12 years ago

I have about 70 toms on the plants now and they are doing pretty good.Last year I went into wintersowing toms half hearted,didn't expect it to work,after trialing it a bit last year with 20 plants.This year I've got out 52 plants and went into it knowing it would be successful and my pepper plants have flowers now also..

{{gwi:387848}}

{{gwi:387850}}

Comments (4)

• bookjunky4life
    12 years ago

At last count I had planted out 117 tomatoes and 38 peppers. I planted at least 20 more tomatoes last night and about 8 more peppers. I have about 8-10 more tomatoes to plant and I'm done. I have buds on the first round of tomatoes I planted out and will be staking them up this evening. I'll try to get some photos if I ever catch up on weeding my giant garden!

• tomva
    Original Author
    12 years ago

well you better get to weedin then!!

• loisthegardener_nc7b
    12 years ago

What do you do with all those veggies? Even though I only have 8 tomato plants, I know I will be giving maters away at some point.

I finally had to start florida weaving the plants today. The largest one was starting to tip over. You can almost see them grow in this hot weather. All have flowers or buds now, and the first flower has fallen off to reveal the beginnings of a mater.

• trudi_d
    12 years ago

I've got about 70 plants this year and I've only three left to plant tomorrow. I'll be happy when they're all finally in the ground. I interplant my tomatoes with petunias for ground cover--it's pretty.

Good luck to everyone wiht your maters!

T

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living