Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pvick_gw

OT - in a manner of speaking ....

PVick
12 years ago

I know we've all got a zillion seedlings to plant out, but what gardener can resist more plants??

Bluestone's is having their Spring clearance sale ... everything on the site.

If for nothing else, it's great eye candy.

PV

Comments (13)

• tepelus
    12 years ago

Yup, already placed my order last night. I had to refrain, I only wanted/needed to get some purple lobelia to replace the ones that died on me, but I added a few other things too. I had to cut back on what I picked out (it was hard) because I already had more than I had planned to buy.

Karen

• pitimpinai
    12 years ago

Do I need any more plants????? :-)

• diggerdee zone 6 CT
    12 years ago

Ooh! Thanks, PV! I meant to keep an eye for this but kept forgetting to check. Gotta go do some shopping!

:)
    Dee

• PVick
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I lost some stuff this winter (ok, truth is I lost one hosta), so I wanted to replace that. And there were a "couple" other plants that caught my eye ....

PV

• gardenweed_z6a
    12 years ago

I went looking for some Japanese painted fern and toad lily but the website specials page wouldn't open with 60 items per page. If I can't view 60 items per page, they don't need my business so I shut down the laptop and went out to pot up more WS seedlings and open more jugs. Eh, with WS, who needs them anyway?

NB - writer of above comments is presently not in her right mind due to soggy, chilly spring conditions and will regret not viewing 12 items per page when she realizes the Bluestone Perennials sale is over or the items she wanted are sold out, whichever occurs first.

• drippy
    12 years ago

Oh, you bad, bad girl...

(drippy slinks off to look, hoping DH isn't looking over her shoulder...)

• northforker
    12 years ago

PVick - you TRIED to help us not be bad by not putting the "sale" in the title. Thank you!

I went anyway...my bad. Loaded up the cart but had problems at check out - says to call but they are not in on Saturday nights of course. If the carts' still there on Monday, Ill have some nice LOW perennials! Nothing I ordered is over 15 inches I don't think.

• ellenrr
    12 years ago

oh Pvick, Now you done it! (grin)

• terrene
    12 years ago

Glad you posted this. Just placed a small ($25) order. :)

Couldn't believe it, while I was shopping that gorgeous Cimicifuga 'Hillside Black' with the maroon foliage sold out! Darn, it was in my shopping cart too!!

• tiffy_z5_6_can
    12 years ago

Terrene,

FYI, Having had Cimicifuga HB in my gardens, it is a plant that I would pay full price for at any point in time. Well worth it. Takes a couple of years to get established, but when you walk by those blooms, the perfume makes you STOP right in your tracks. So sweet and strong - it's like eating a popsicle on a hot summer day!!

(OK, now you have justification to purchase at any price because Tiffy said so... :O)

• northforker
    12 years ago

Finally was able to put my order through. I called them and they said they had trouble with the site over the weekend and to try it again. Worked this time, but a few plants disappeared from my cart - must have sold out. That's ok as I had gone over budget anyway!

Bought some creeping Jenny for pots, something I've always wanted. A few low phlox, a few special dianthus (zing rose), some cerastium ( I had bought a pot last year and it is one of the few things in my beds right now in bloom. Love the pure pure white color - so delicate). And then I had to get some helenium because I've read folks love these and I've not had luck wih seed. Oh, and how could I resist the Rosemary they SWEAR is hardy in my zone? :)

Nancy

• PVick
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'll 'fess up to my purchases: replaced my lost hosta 'Gold Drop' with hosta 'Little Aurora'. Then I went mad.

Got a couple dianthus - my lovely pot of dianthus gave me two years of sheer joy, but did not return last year (and I didn't WS any this year). Campanula 'Superba' and aster 'Bluebird' were too pretty to pass up. And the hydrangea 'Cityline Mars' was just screaming my name. I had the cimicifuga 'Hillside Black' in my cart too, but reason prevailed and I removed it.

Got an email saying they were shipped yesterday, so I hope they'll be here by Friday - got a long weekend to figure out where they will go.

Somebody shoot me.

PV

• terrene
    12 years ago

Oh great Tiffy, now I feel more bummed about missing out on that beauty! ;)

Last night I went back through the Bluestone sale inventory AGAIN, and found about $60 more of stuff I want. Hmmmmm, pay shipping twice? How crazy is that....FWIW, I have expanded 2 beds, and suffered some losses from voles this past winter...so there is space for new stuff.

Sponsored