Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tomva_gw

Todays Blooms(SlideShow)

tomva
12 years ago

I played around with the camera settings to try and take better pics.some ppl on here are truly artists with a camera. I thought I would play around with it...

Here is a link that might be useful: SlideShow

Comments (9)

• gardenweed_z6a
    12 years ago

Wow!!! Those are some spectacular pics Tom! They're all gorgeous but the red rose is my favorite. It was almost as if I could put my nose close and sniff the fragrance. Thanks for sharing!

• just1morehosta
    12 years ago

wonderful pictures Tom,I tryed to adjust my camara too, messed it up big time,every ones pictures makes us all wanna post beauties, :0)
    I love looking at every ones,keep em coming
    cAROL

• sjc48
    12 years ago

Just Beautiful! Whatever you did with the settings - it worked!
    Shirley!

• ladyrose65
    12 years ago

Beautiful pictures Tomva. What's the name of the rose? Yes, I'm a rose nut too.

• PVick
    12 years ago

NO FAIR! You've got all that stuff blooming NOW? I've got nothing but teeny seedlings and plants with lots of leaves!

Great show! Love that fuschia (and everything else)!

PV

• tepelus
    12 years ago

To get clear close shots, use the flower setting (macro) on your camera. Hold the camera real still (or use tripod), hold the shutter but not all the way to let it focus (if you have it set on auto) and then click. Disregard if you already knew this. :)

Karen

• tomva
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thankyou everybody

Ladyrose its a Knockout thats all I know about it,Ive got a yellow one and an orange one and a pink one and two more Ive never seen bloom but one is loaded with buds

Pvick the fuschia is in a hanging basket that I have two of , behind the fuscia is a porch swing I just built that I'm proud of it turned out sweet and I always wanted a porchswing.We had some 80s and even 90s early in april that caused everything to be early.Ive got rodys and azaleas and gerbera daisys and purple allium sensations blooming now,I know yours will b beautiful as always when they do start.

Tepelus thanx for the tip.

Here is a link that might be useful: Finished PorchSwing and Hanging Baskets

• lgslgs
    12 years ago

Your garden looks great. I have zone envy!

For a little flower fun, follow the instructions from Tepelus - but do it with a cut flower. Line things up so that anything that might show in the background is pretty far away.

That's one of my favorite ways of getting flower pictures with really soft, pretty background colors. The linked photo also has some post processing effects, but the separation between the flower in the foreground and the wash of color in the background is what I mean.

Then try shooting that same flower and distant background with a bunch of different camera settings (try different zoom levels and aperture.)

I often hike cut flowers all over the garden until I get the kind of background I like. Then I take LOTS of shots of the same flower just to see how many different looks I can get as I tweak camera settings. :)

Lynda

Here is a link that might be useful: Example of cut flower and distant background

• PVick
    12 years ago

That is one gorgeous porch swing! You *should* be proud!

PV

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm