Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Year Three

Posted by token28001 zone7b NC (My Page) on
Wed, May 11, 11 at 14:43

Some plants from divisions like the peonies. Some from cuttings and starts. A few notable ones from the clearance racks at the garden center. Most from seed. Thanks Trudi and all the wintersowers that have helped me with seeds and inspiration. It's a cottage garden for sure, but I could not have done it without this forum.

Wintersowing a cottage garden.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Year Three

Good to see ya Tom! Garden is beautiful!

o

• Posted by tomva 7-central virginia (My Page) on
    Wed, May 11, 11 at 16:03

Looks really nice and very full..Did your Conf.Rose make a return this year??Love the clematis.

o

Love the link and the story of making your garden! Beautiful!!!

o

So happy for you Token to have realized your cottage garden dream in just three years. I'm on year two but the beds are really beginning to look full and this year's WS containers look like a huge success, giving me nearly 50 new perennial types to plant. All the seeds you sent me in my newbie pack have grown lush and full and beautiful, so they're a major part of my soon-to-be-full cottage garden.

I didn't take "before" pictures because where I'm planting my WS perennials was just grass & weeds before. This might just be the year I take shots of the flowerbeds rather than individual flower portraits, thanks to you and all the other wonderful & generous folks on this forum who helped by sharing their ideas, seeds and plants.

o

Beautiful, Token.

Karen

o

Yes,

Beautiful!!

o

So lush and full token. We all know how hard you worked on this garden transfermation and you must just be filled with pride!!!!

Those peony's are outstanding!!! Are they "regular" peony's or tree peony? I was at the Brooklyn botanical gardens yesterday where they have an amazing section of peonies and now I have tree peony lust.

o

That's a Beautiful Garden. I enjoyed the Blogspot! Just Beautiful!

o

Inspirational! Thanks much. I believe that I read all of your previous posts after I decided to WS this December. May we all come close to walking in your shoes! Thank you for sharing.

Dorothy (Meadows)

o

Amazing!
good to hear from ya.

o

I want a peony that color..do you know what variety it is?
Always wanted a burgundy one. Neighbor across the street has her burgundy one blooming now but she isn't able to see it as she has round-the-clock care. I have seen her from afar when they bought her home and the other day, the caregiver took her somewhere. Probably to Dr. or beauty parlor.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here