Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lgslgs

WS Foxgloves

lgslgs
12 years ago

Foxgloves look so great in a big garden. I've got a video of them at the link below. (Also got my new website all launched!)

Enjoy!

Lynda

Here is a link that might be useful: Oodles of foxgloves

Comments (8)

• terrene
    12 years ago

Very pretty foxgloves! Do you have a pic? I love the pastel colors. What seeds did you use and did you sow them last year? Nice!

• loisthegardener_nc7b
    12 years ago

Just gorgeous... You convinced me to get up off my duff and go take my pictures of mine too... Here is the best one.

{{gwi:390894}}

• kqcrna
    12 years ago

Very pretty. Mine are almost finished now. I'm only growing a few now though. Their foliage is so ugly in summer.

Speaking of ugly foliage, my maltese cross is in bloom now, and pretty. And already the foliage is butt ugly.

Karen

• bev2009
    12 years ago

Y'all have me worried now. I WS foxglove last year and couldn't wait to see them bloom this year. They are about a foot tall, but no blooms yet. I can't believe yours are almost done blooming and no blooms in sight for me yet. Do you think mine will still bloom this year? One group is in full sun and one group is in partial shade.

• northerner_on
    12 years ago

These pics. have reminded me to try foxgloves again. I grew them once several years ago and was surprised I had them for several years - I guess they came back for a few years. This year another favourite of mine - Lupines is back in my garden. I had no problems WSing them, but the cats (not mine) dug them out each winter. This time I covered them with pop bottles. The first flower is pale pink and the seeds were from a red bloom. Perhaps a hybrid? However they blend with my pnk peony perfectly. Lovely slide show Lynda.

• lgslgs
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Terrene - sent you a note.

Lois - lovely photo! That fence in the background looks so nice and the flowers are gorgeous.

Bev - my plants stay about a foot high until just before they send up their flower spikes. Mine only started a few weeks ago, and one of the plants in another part of the garden just started a few days ago - so yours might flower up soon too.

Lynda

• lgslgs
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Here's a view from my favorite porch chair, with the foxgloves off on the far left part of the garden:

{{gwi:390896}}

And the link will show you a video of the same area of the garden in mid-April. Things have sure changed!

Lynda

Here is a link that might be useful: Mid-April look at the garden

• mastergarder2003
    12 years ago

I have WS. tiny fox gloves Iam putting out now from my milk jugs. My last yrs ones are in bloom right now from ws. last yr. So pretty pink I love them. I do like the blue green fuzzy folage, I cut the tops off of the FG. to get better blooming. and I cut off the maltees cross also to get a second bloom but not as lovely, my maltees cross are not in bloom here yet I cant wait almost ready.
    My WS did not do so well this yr. I did get some jacob ladder and the FG. the most. Lots of empty week jugs.

Sponsored