Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hostarookie

Zone Wars!! Official Container Count for 2010/11 Part 7

hostarookie
12 years ago

Welcome to Zone 6 Meadows, you have been changed over! :-)

Zone 4 ~ 1135

Zone 5 ~ 6388

Zone 6 ~ 6980

Zone 7 ~ 3722

Zone 8 ~ 1071

Keep those final counts comin' ya'll.

Em

Comments (19)

• jodie74
    12 years ago

WOOOHOOOOO!!!! Welcome meadows! GO ZONE 6!!!!!!!

Well I ws'd til 9:30 pm on Sunday..... Couldn't stay awake to do another jug......
    GRAND TOTAL FOR ME.......
    1515!!!!!!

Not too shabby for my 1st year! This has been quite the adventure. So much fun and I have already learned so much from all of you. There is just something about gardening and sowing seeds that brings such peace and calm to my otherwise wild and crazy life! But I don't have to tell you all that.... You knew it all along!! :)

I have a feeling that this wonderful journey is just beginning........
    Ws'ing was just phase 1........

• michiet
    12 years ago

I have 82 total in zone 6.

Thanks
    Michelle

• northforker
    12 years ago

Jodie - i grinned when I read your message -yes! Step 1 of the great adventurous journey towards beautiful flower beds. Glad you're loving it.

Rest well for a week or two, the next step - - -getting all those millions of babies in the ground - will feel just a tiny tad pressured. I remember my first 4th of July as a WSer sitting and CRYING on my deck cause we were having a group over and I still had such a mess of jugs everywhere to plant out that i felt completley overwhelmed and afraid that they would die and that my months of hard work would be for nothing!!! it all worked out (as it always does) Try to do a few a day, just as soon as you see second sets of leaves. When it gets hot and sticky out the thing you love doing gets to be the thing you can't wait to get done!

Nancy

• serenae
    12 years ago

OMG! I can't believe that at the last minute, two people found out they were in Zone 6 and now it seems WE'VE WON!!! WOOOOO!

So what do we win??? :D Or is it a win in spirit? I guess we all win the fruits of our labours!

• hostarookie
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Okie dokie folks... we have less than 11 hours left. Make your containers count!! :-)

I'll post the final totals first thing tomorrow morning and River will post the spreadsheet with the Mile High Club Members and the spreadsheet with the final numbers.

Current counts:

Zone 4 ~ 1135
    Zone 5 ~ 6388
    Zone 6 ~ 7317
    Zone 7 ~ 3722
    Zone 8 ~ 1071

Total ~ 19633

Em

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

Please add 27 to Z:4. That makes 107 total for me.

• gardenunusual
    12 years ago

I can't believe between all of us we've sown almost 20,000 containers. We have a situation here.

• dorisl
    12 years ago

Holy cow Jodie! 1515 containers!!! I can't imagine what that must look like.

:)
    photos please!

• river_crossroads z8b Central Louisiana
    12 years ago

Great idea, Serenae. Prizes, sure! What are your ideas?

A mailing sticker for the winners? How about a little graphic that you run off on your return label when you mail seeds or mail your BEAP/SASBE to get seeds? Or run off separately & use as a sticker.

A good looking "Winter Sowing Winner 2010/2011" with a line drawing of a sprout. Could be used by all the people in the winning zone, the individual winners & the members of the Mile High Club.

The winners will probably be sending seeds to Trudi, who sends them to ws newbies, school kids for school gardens, prisoners, etc., etc. And winners may be sending seeds to Bakemom when she is putting together newbie packs next winter. As well as individual trades, shares, donations. We would all know what the graphic meant & could give the winners some recognition.

Now we need a forum member who is a graphic artist to do it. I know I have read bios of members with blogs who say they do computer work. Draft only below, fuzzy looking Word Art, I am no artist!

We could have a different graphic every year or so. Who can do the graphic? What do people think?

{{gwi:391268}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Fuzzy label - can be saved as a .jpg

• ladyrose65
    12 years ago

I'm Overwhelmed!

• NancyPlants
    12 years ago

only 2 more. Total 102. Guess I'll be direct sowing some of the annuals I didnt get to.
    Thanks so much river and hostarookie. You did a great job and helped make my first year of WSing alot of fun.

• hostarookie
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The final numbers are in!!!!

ZONE 6 is the WINNER

Current counts:

Zone 4 ~ 1162
    Zone 5 ~ 6388
    Zone 6 ~ 7317
    Zone 7 ~ 3722
    Zone 8 ~ 1071

Total ~ 19660

Congrats to Jodie for having sown the most containers. I'm glad I'm not you when it comes time to planting everything!! 8-)

Winners by Zone:

Zone 4 Winner ~ worthgold1 ~ 298
    Zone 5 Winner ~ dem pa ~ 597
    Zone 6 Winner ~ jodie74 ~ 1515
    Zone 7 Winner ~ ldsluder ~ 1088
    Zone 8 Winner ~ clc70 ~ 188

River will post the Mile High Club Members, individual winners and the other counts shortly.

River, I love the graphic idea!! We have to have someone who is artistically capable of creating something for special for us winter sowers!! :-)

Being a WS newbie, I truly enjoyed it and really felt welcomed by all veterans, thank you!! I also enjoyed keeping count for everyone...

Em

12 years ago

Zone Wars
    Total: 19,660
    Zone Wars Winners!First Place
    Second Place
    Third Place
    Zone 6 = 7317
    Zone 5 = 6388
    Zone 7 = 3722

Individual Winner!jodie74 = 1515 (Zone 6)
    Please click on the links to view the spreadsheets:
    Zone Wars Winners
    Individual Winners
    Winner Each Zone & Mile High Club

Special thanks to Manda & to our founder & leader Trudi! And thanks to all of you - you been incredibly kind, generous & supportive. Where do all of you hang out off-season? I want to follow you & I want to go work in HostarookieâÂÂs company. Thanks so much!

Special thanks to Manda & to our founder & leader Trudi! And thanks to all of you - you been incredibly kind, generous & supportive. Where do all of you hang out off-season? I want to follow you & I want to go work in Hostarookieâs company. Thanks so much!

• SusanC
    12 years ago

Zone Wars
    Total: 19,660
    Zone Wars Winners!First Place
    Second Place
    Third Place
    Zone 6 = 7317
    Zone 5 = 6388
    Zone 7 = 3722

Individual Winner!jodie74 = 1515 (Zone 6)
    Please click on the links to view the spreadsheets:
    Zone Wars Winners
    Individual Winners
    Winner Each Zone & Mile High Club

12 years ago

My 138 containers are missing from the mile high club. ):

• dorothy4981
    12 years ago

Sorry, Susan, fixed it. Happened when I sorted zones & you are zone 9 but we count you with zone 8. Please check. Sorry again!

• jodie74
    12 years ago

Are we going to have a tiara presentation ceremony?

Great job by all and an exceptional job by the winners!

Dorothy (Meadows)

• ladyrose65
    12 years ago

YEA!!! I WON!!!!!

Haven't been on the forums much..... Been busy tending to my seedlings and planting out. :P

I will post pics of all my jugs/containers soon.... I took them but need to upload them to be able to post them.... Needless to say, I have a HUGE deck and it's COMPLETELY FULL and I had to put some on my patio. My hubby is being very gracious and not saying much.

Funny story.... We bought a hot tub 2 weeks ago and the men delivered it on Mon.... You should have seen the look on their faces when they SAW MY DECK!!!! I so wish I had a camera!!! He said... WOW!!! You drink a lot of milk!!!! So I gave him the brief explanation of what was in the jugs. SOOOOO FUNNY!!!!!!!

I hope to just plant out a few each day, as they get their 2nd set of leaves. The ones I did today I put down slug bait too as that was an issue when I planted out my under the light grown seedlings last year. Hands down...ws'ing is so much better than under the lights!!! So much easier!! I planted lupine this morning and I swear when I checked them this eve, they had grown! Maybe wishful thinking but we did have a nice sunny day, yet cool.... Mperfect for planting out....

YEA ZONE 6 FOR WINNING AND YEA TO ALL OF US FOR REACHING ALMOST 20,000 cCONTAINERS!!!!!!!

• jodie74
    12 years ago

CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE!!!!

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths