{{gwi:391775}}

{{gwi:391776}}

Comments (22)

• jodie74
    12 years ago

BEAUTIFUL!!!!

• LilBlossom
    12 years ago

Oh, they are beautiful! I love foxgloves, but with one insane puppy and soon 2 small children, I have to wait a few years before I get me some.

• kqcrna
    12 years ago

Very pretty!

You can just let the seeds fall naturally, or sprinkle a pod on the soil where you want them next year. They'll sprout, grow there, overwinter, and bloom next year.

Karen

• gardenweed_z6a
    12 years ago

So lovely!! I grew them last year but they didn't survive our 8 ft. of snow and all are kaput. Guess I'm back to square one so I'll have to enjoy everyone else's for the time being.

• dorisl
    12 years ago

EVERYTHING sprouts in Karen's garden. ;> The rest of us have to save a few seeds to WS in containers.

BTW. they ARE gorgeous!!!!1

• sjc48
    12 years ago

Those are just beautiful!
    I WSed foxglove "foxy" this year, I really hope they look just like that!
    Shirley!

• ladyrose65
    12 years ago

Wow! Very Pretty!

• loisthegardener_nc7b
    12 years ago

Gorgeous!!! And you'll probably get enough seeds from that one plant to plant yourself a foxglove forest next year. :o)

• PVick
    12 years ago

Beautiful! What cultivar is that?

Oh, I wish I had the space for a "foxglove forest"!

Shirley, 'Foxy" might give you a few blooms this year ...

PV

• kqcrna
    12 years ago

As a matter of fact, Doris, foxglove volunteers, with, of course, verbena bonariensis in between
    {{gwi:391777}}

I need sterile plants.

Karen

• dorisl
    12 years ago

I must have spread 1/4 cup of foxglove seeds last year, and nary a volunteer. Good thing for the bottles.

• northforker
    12 years ago

So so PRETTY! I love foxgloves. I keep some going in different spots in the yard by wsing a jug or two every year. I've not had much luck with the "Sprinkle ripe seeeds right on the ground to get some next year" magic that works in Karen's yard (getting the feeling we're all jealous Karen?:) but a local master gardner told me she lays the entire stalk down on the ground, pins it with a few heavy rocks and let's mother nature do her seed sowing (the rocks help her along by keeping solid contact). Up until this point, I've not wanted to risk losing the seed on an entire stalk, by I am going to try it this go round as I have plenty of plants this year to give me seed.

This variety is just striking - - can you tell us what it is???
    Nancy

• tempusflits
    12 years ago

Now, those are flowers! Congratulations.

• terrene
    12 years ago

Gorgeous!! I am curious too what cultivar that is??

I love Foxglove too and ws'd quite the variety this year - Excelsior Hybrids, Apricot beauty, and Camelot series (white, cream, lavender). They have all sprouted. I'm planning to grow several patches for next year.

Gardenweed, sorry to hear about your plants expiring. They do like good drainage. A couple years ago I had a gorgeous patch of huge Foxglove clumps going, but most of the crowns rotted over the winter!

• kqcrna
    12 years ago

I can guarantee that any one of you would curse your volunteers if you had as many as I do. How often can one hoe every inch of all planting beds without cursing?

Recommendations for sterile plants welcomed.

Karen

• gardenunusual
    12 years ago

Lovin' it!

• tomva
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanx everybody,I don't know what the cultivar is.The seeds came from a bonus pack someone sent me from a trade.They change color from yellow to creamywhite to purple.I didn't even know what a foxglove was till I started visiting this forum..

• caryltoo Z7/SE PA
    12 years ago

Beautiful, tom. I love foxglove, but with nosy dogs and a cat that likes to sniff and nibble when he escapes the house I won't grow them. Thanks for posting so I can enjoy vicariously.

Caryl

• just1morehosta
    12 years ago

Thay look like Pams Choice to me.

• beatrice_outdoors
    12 years ago

Beautiful!!!! I have seedlings but they are only jut getting started now.

Do you think the squirrels would get into them once they're bigger?

Karen-you should pot up some of your volunteers, put them on a table outside with an honor system container and charge $2/each. Make some money for your efforts! LOL!!

• kqcrna
    12 years ago

The last thing I need is another job. I wear too many hats now.

Karen

• northerner_on
    12 years ago

Beautiful flowers. I am sure you will have volunteers next year. Many years ago I planted foxglove, and had them re-seed for about three years. Then the cats started getting into my beds and that was the end of them. I must try them again.

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery