Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dictamnus alba

Posted by drippy 7bAL (My Page) on
Sat, May 3, 14 at 20:47

Wintersowed more than 5 years ago (lost track), trotted from a residence or two in a pot, planted on this property 4 years ago - finally in bloom!

Don't give up, folks! I also have an opuntia cactus I grew from seed that is really taking off this year, and my 3 year old baptisia is about to bloom, too.

Wintersowing rocks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dictamnus alba

Oh I just ws'd this and I got sprouts! Got some seeds from a lady on the butterfly forum - aka D. fraxinella or Gas plant and it is a host plant for the Giant Swallowtail butterfly.

Guess it will be an exercise in patience waiting for this one to bloom. That's okay, I've been waiting SIX years for the white Baptisia to bloom. It probably would have bloomed by now, but I kept it in small pots for a couple years initially. Couldn't decide where to plant it. Hopefully it hasn't been munched by voles and that it's gotten big enough to finally bloom this year!

o

WOW! Tried that one for years and could never get a sprout. It is just simply beautiful!!!

o

I bought a young plant and read that they can take seven years to bloom. It was close to that but so worth the wait. Now I am waiting for the seedling I got from ws seeds collected from it several years ago to grow into a blooming plant.

Also have a white baptisia from ws seed in a pot for the same reason, Terrene. My goal this year is to get all potted plants and holding bed plants into garden beds.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here