Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cab321

Up and running!

cab321
12 years ago

{{gwi:394617}}

Just some of my over-100 containers. I can't believe how well they're doing. Everything is up except Malva Zebrina, Florist Blue Balloon flowers and European Columbine. My lavatera and hibiscus are just starting to come up.

I've planted out large lavender and elka poppies, chinese houses and persian catmint in this new bed (in the left of the image). The bed is huge - about 6' by 50' - and has lots of room left. I've added some wild phlox from the woods and some weird grass-looking things that grows from bulbs.

{{gwi:394618}}

I was blessed with an unbelievable number of huge hostas last year and dug this bed for them. I'm planning to fill it in with "wild" plants from the overgrown woods behind my house and some wintersown lady's mantle and jacob's ladder. That's a big black walnut tree in the middle (juglone...grrrr).

{{gwi:394619}}

And these little guys are probably my favorite wintersown plant so far - kale.

{{gwi:394620}}

My wintersown lettuce, kale, broccoli and chard are out in the garden now. Teeny tiny, but out there, nonetheless. I'm waiting for the leeks to get bigger before I set them out.

My tomatoes started sprouting this weekend, too! I have 18 different varieties - my mother and I both wrote to Trudi and I'm getting everything started, then we'll share. Wheee! This will be the most tomato-y delicious summer ever! Thanks Trudi.

Next weekend I have big plans for planting out lots of my other babies.

Comments (2)

Sponsored