Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lizbest1

Thank you from a newbie

lizbest1
11 years ago

I wanted to thank all of you on this forum for your advice on and enthusiasm for wintersowing. I have had ZERO success with seed in the past and wasn't expecting much from this first try--boy was I surprised by how many seedlings I ended up with! I don't know how much money I've wasted in the past buying either the limited varieties available in the local nursery or with mail order but no more; I'm a wintersow convert now! I have been transplanting for the last 3 weeks and the seedlings I wintersowed are so healthy looking and had no transplant shock--had a last shipment from one of the big mail order nurseries and the wintersown seedlings look so much better!!!!

A special thank you to Molanic who adopted this newbie--every single seed type you sent that I had room to sow sprouted! I'll remember your generousity every time I walk in my new beds. Can't wait to pay it forward when I collect seeds later this year.

I didn't post much, only a question and my numbers for the zone wars, but I haunted the site and learned from others' postings often. You guys are the best gardening resource ever!

Comments (4)

Sponsored