Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carrie630

Some pictures of my borders...

carrie630
14 years ago

Slideshow of my gardens

Carrie - Need to learn how to make the Slideshow bigger...

Comments (29)

• kqcrna
    14 years ago

So beautiful Carrie, and so many pretty flowers. A lot of stuff is just starting to bloom up here. Many annuals haven't started yet.

Karen

• trowelgal Zone 5A, SW Iowa
    14 years ago

Good morning,
    Thank you for doing all the work of creating your slide show. I always love seeing your gardens. There is so much more in bloom there than we have in zone 5, lucky you!
    Tina or trowelgal

• carrie630
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks,karen - but I call my gardens "polka dot" gardens because I have so many colors scattered.

What I would like to do next year - is put all the daylily colors together - I think that would look better.

I'm with you - the gaillardias flopping make me crazy, but I love the flowers....

Carrie

• v1rt
    14 years ago

That is so beautiful Carrie!!! :)

• stlgirl
    14 years ago

Wow Carrie - your gardens are wonderful! Is the pool new? I can see lots a wonderful flowers surrounding it.

-StLGirl

• carrie630
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks - I need to do a lot of work this coming fall and sort the daylilies and coordinate my colors - but since we ALL love flowers, I wanted to share my "babies" with you...

Stlgirl - no that pool is almost 14 years old - as old as the house is (we built it in '95)and my husband uses it mostly - especially after he runs...

I wanted to make a slideshow with larger views - didn't know how to do that - also, if I knew the names of my flowers, I would post that - just like wonderful Vera does - because it would be helpful, but I need to learn the exact names of some of my flowers.

Thanks for viewing

Carrie

• sheltieche
    14 years ago

What a space! Beautiful gardens, very lush, am envious of all those gazillions of plants....great show
    blue bed is my favorite of all them, so relaxing...

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

Thank you for sharing your gardens with us! I can just imagine strolling through them with a cup of coffee in the morning. My favorite is the area with the bench. It just invites you to sit down and enjoy the view. I'm a little envious of all of your space, but I also know how much work you must have put into it too.

Bonnie

• karendee
    14 years ago

I love the pics!! Pretty as usual.

I like the spirea (sp?) looks like I need some of that!
    Karen

• laura_in_cinti
    14 years ago

Gorgeous!! I so love getting to peak in someone else's garden. It's wonderfully inspirational to see all the lovely combinations you've put together.

• daisydawnny
    14 years ago

Oh how beautiful! I hope my gardens grow up to look just like yours someday!

• token28001
    14 years ago

It won't let me see...it's asking for a password?

Oh well, I've walked them. :)
    I suspect they are still beautiful.

• MissMyGardens
    14 years ago

Token, I thought it was just my lack of net savvy when I ran into request for password.

I don't have any photo storage accounts...don't have a camera...LOL.

Carrie, I wanna see your gardens again! :)

• dirtbert
    14 years ago

Absolutely gorgous! I think you could charge admission.

• dawiff
    14 years ago

Carrie, Your borders are so beautiful! What a lovely treat your slideshow is! Thanks so much for posting it.

• carrie630
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you so much everyone - Next week I am going to post pictures of what my yard looked like before wsowing... Total woods - I will show before and after photos -

It's amazing how wsowing can change your life!

Carrie

• lblack61
    14 years ago

It looks like it's Summer there! I can only imagine how much those beds are going to explode when Summer does hit. You have so many blooms and color in your beds already.
    Love how organized and neat everything looks.
    (That's my next goal for our yard here...interspersing stone with the flowers and foliage plants.)

Linda

• austinnhanasmom
    14 years ago

I LOVE the gardens!! Your hard work is evident and SO beautiful!!

I also imagined myself, with a cup of coffee, wandering your flowers!! Telling my kids to keep the soccer and tennis balls out of the beds...

Also, to view your photos I had to create a password and soon I'll figure out how to share photos:))

Most of my flowers are not yet in bloom, so I love looking at the yards that are!!

Thanks for sharing -

• not_a_contessa
    14 years ago

Carrie your gardens are always wonderful and a joy to cyber-visit. Thanks for sharing.

Mary

• countrycarolyn
    14 years ago

So nice, so peaceful looking, I can hear the birds in the background signing, "Pretty Pretty Pretty" lol.

• carrie630
    Original Author
    14 years ago

... thanks - (is that what they're singing?...) I thought it was "Heigh ho, heigh ho you've got a lot of work, you know".... :0)

Carrie

• bakemom_gw
    14 years ago

Can't get in. It wants a password. whimper.

• hostasformez4
    14 years ago

Wonderful !!!

Connie

• zigzag
    14 years ago

Your slideshow is wonderful .... now you need to set it to music ..... something by Enya might do well, or Yanni or .... what else, folks? (I'm pretty music impaired).

• patrushka
    14 years ago

Wow! Your borders are beautiful Carrie! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Pat

• PVick
    14 years ago

Oh, that was fun! Everything's so pretty. What's really awe-some is the pic of your raised beds in the making - before wintersowing. All of your crazy, beautiful beds are the products of WSing? Fabulous!

PV

• aliska12000
    14 years ago

What a beautiful garden! Your efforts are paying off handsomely. The two shasta photos wouldn't play but captions showed, don't know what's with that.

I'm impressed! The foxglove looks like it might be Candy Mountain.

I'm not sure, but when I go to photobucket slide shows, after it cycles through the photos, when I hit my back button, it takes me to the previous photo. No, I checked and it's disabled.

So I remembered to open in a new tab so I could get back to the forum more easily.

• lynnencfan
    14 years ago

Oh my Carrie - just beautiful - I have had company since last Friday and this is the first that I have been able to go through the entire slide show - what a treat - hope you don't mind if I steal or copy I guess is a better word some of your plant groupings. Your gardens rival anything that I see in magazines - Thanks for sharing ......

Lynne

• token28001
    14 years ago

Don't let her fool you when she comes in talking about how awful they supposedly look today. I was just there. Still stunning. Still growing. She's not fooling anyone.

Got more melampodium reseeders and some Stella D'Oros. Montauk Daisy and....fresh, homemade cookies! She's so awesome.

Sponsored
Native Plant Scapes
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
Your Friendly Native Plant Landscape Designers in Loudoun County