Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moonwolf_gw

My Garden (Photos To Share)

moonwolf_gw
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

I took these pictures of my garden on Wednesday and here they are! Enjoy! Some of these are second year plants, but some like the Phlox, Candytuft and Sweet Peas are from this year.

I'm thinking of actually giving a name to my garden. I'll give you a hint: it's the name of both a song and a movie.

Coreopsis, Black Eyed Susans and Yellow Scabiosa with my Sundowner Rose Bush

{{gwi:396599}}

Perennial Coreopsis with Bee Balm (Bee Balm was not WS)

{{gwi:396601}}

Purple Ironweed and Common Milkweed

{{gwi:396602}}

Calendula, Malva and Black Eyed Susans

{{gwi:396603}}

Sweet Peas with The President Clematis

{{gwi:396604}}

Phlox and Candytuft

{{gwi:396605}}

Butterfly Bush with assorted WS Plants (Rue, Maltese Cross, Nicotiana alata "Fragrant Cloud", and a few others, some of which are a little small yet; the white lattice is a trellis for my Moonflower Vines)

{{gwi:396606}}

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Comments (15)

• albertar
    11 years ago

Very pretty, :)

• drippy
    11 years ago

Nice, Brad! BTW, how did you get to post multiple pictures? It looks to me like you can only post one at a time?

• bookjunky4life
    11 years ago

You have to use photobucket, etc.

• kqcrna
    11 years ago

Very nice, Brad.

Karen

• northforker
    11 years ago

Brad clearly has techno powers in addition to his outstanding WSing skills! Lovely....

Drippy, I actually contacted garden web (first time ever) and they said that, at this point, only one photo at a time can go in with the new easy peasy system. My guess is they want to avoid things getting jammed up with people loading tooooo much at once. But who knows? I'd just like to be able to put 3 or 4 up at once, so you could show a whole theme (last year vs. this year, front and back beds, etc)

Anyway, Brad - don't keep us on the edge of our seats - - - what did you name your garden?

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, everyone!

I do indeed use Photobucket for posting my photos. I am by no means a techno wiz, that's how I've been posting my photos all along since I got my camera two years ago.

I haven't officially named my garden yet, but the name that I really like is....Xanadu. I have not seen the movie yet (until next Sunday when it's on TV lol) but I am in LOVE with the song. I believe there is also a poem that mentions a place called Xanadu that is, ironically, some beautiful gardens in China! I'm not sure if the poem is fictional or not.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• northerner_on
    11 years ago

Lovely photos, Brad. I got a great idea for my hens and chicks which I think I see in your last photo. I am planning to move mine from my rock garden this year. They are too crowded with other things - speading vines and the like, and I have been wondering where to put them. I can probably build something like that right where they are now. Keep the photos. coming.

• northerner_on
    11 years ago

Lovely photos, Brad. I got a great idea for my hens and chicks which I think I see in your last photo. I am planning to move mine from my rock garden this year. They are too crowded with other things - speading vines and the like, and I have been wondering where to put them. I can probably build something like that right where they are now. Keep the photos. coming.

• ladyrose65
    11 years ago

Really Nice Brad! Everything is in bloom. Watch out for the butterfly bush. The one I WS'd in 2011 is now 11+ft in height. I've got some toads this summer, always happy to see a toad!
    Keep the pictures coming!

• indianaplantlover
    11 years ago

Lovely gardens and so well kept. Hope to have beautiful flowers in my yard next year.

• christie_sw_mo
    11 years ago

You're doing a great job! It all looks so neatly mulched and weed free.
    What is blooming so well in the white pot with a toad in front of it in the second to last photo? Is that the phlox that you just sowed this year? What kind is it?

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, everyone!

Northerner, would you believe those hens and chicks have grown in that pot since our neighbor (who is now deceased) gave them to us over 10 years ago?! They just thrive and do extremely well!

Ladyrose, my BB is not WS, but it is growing very well! No signs of flowers yet but I have a feeling before long I'll see some.

Christie, yes that is indeed the phlox that is blooming so well! It doesn't have as many flowers on it now, but it still looks pretty. The phlox is "Dutch Tapestry". It's the same phlox in the last picture with my BB.

Thank you again, everyone! I'll take more pictures when I have some of my other flowers blooming. :)

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I forgot to ask, what does everyone think about the name for my garden? Do you think it suits it?

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• christie_sw_mo
    11 years ago

It's been a loooong time since I saw that movie and I can't even remember what it's about. It was a big movie at the time though and the song was popular. Not sure why the ratings are low on IMDB. After you see it you may change your mind about your garden's name. lol At least the song is good.

I would be tempted to pull the edging out another foot at least where you've planted along your foundation and make it deeper. I tend to get carried away though and then can't keep the weeds out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Xanadu

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Christie, from what I understand, the movie was a box office failure but the soundtrack was a smash hit. You have to understand my family and I enjoy another famous box office failure: Howard The Duck! LOL! Yes I just LOVE the song. One of my favorites.

Thanks for the tip!

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Sponsored