Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
indianaplantlover

Newbie Again

indianaplantlover
11 years ago

Hi everyone. Several years ago I did WS with the help of lots of you that sent seeds Sase and some I purchased from various places. Did well over 100 container and had so many babies I planted everything that sprouted. After a couple years my yard was overrun with stuff. I had to pull out lots and never got the chance to fix the mess. A couple years ago I again did WS but just for a few herbs and pumpkins. Got absolutely eaten alive by stink bugs. What a terrible mess.

I am in a new house and a blank canvas yard. My house faces east but has 2 huge silver maple trees so lots of shade and roots running across the yard. Also a nice large raised bed that gets bright sun but no direct sun.

Of course the back faces west and has a small wooded area behind the fence so again quite a bit of shade.

I would sure love any advice from you long time WS on what to plant that would do well in shade with broken sun during the afternoon or in early morning sun. Can't wait to get my stuff started so I can have a wonderful winter winter sowing and chating with all you guys again. Thank you in advace for any help.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!