Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moonwolf_gw

Some Pictures Of The Garden

moonwolf_gw
10 years ago

Hi everyone,

I took these a couple days ago. Not all of these are from WS, but I still hope you enjoy the view. Welcome to Xanadu!

Reiman Clematis with two assorted annual flower planters from a local nursery
{{gwi:400752}}

Dianthus (I think these are Sweet Williams. They have a really nice fragrance.)
{{gwi:400754}}

Coreopsis that I WS'd a couple years ago.
{{gwi:400756}}

Sundowner Rosebush (I got this as a bare root plant at Wal-Mart two years ago. This is it's first blossom of the year. It was fully open last night. This has a really nice fragrance.)
{{gwi:400758}}

Red Dianthus I bought at Wal-Mart a couple years ago. This one is fragrant as well.
{{gwi:400760}}

Knautia from WS and Poppy "Black Swan" from WS as well. This is the second year for the Knautia.

{{gwi:400762}}

The new flower bed. It is filled with assorted annuals and perennials. Some of which are from WS. I have Zinnias, Forget-Me-Nots (the annual kind), Morning Glories and Moonflower Vines (they'll grow up the leaf trellis you see in the background), Cosmos, Red Valerian (from a nursery), and others. The solar lights at night make a beautiful display.
{{gwi:400765}}

I have more to post, but I'll round out this first post with our new rain chain. These are AWESOME to have in the garden!
{{gwi:400768}}

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Comments (11)

• terrene
    10 years ago

Moonwolf, your plants and beds look colorful and creative! It looks like your ws plants are maturing and you've added some nice nursery stock. Isn't it great when the WS babies start to fill in? Adds so much beauty to the landscape.

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you, terrene! Yes, it's wonderful just watching the WS seedlings just grow and grow :-). You can see some solar lights amongst the flowers as well. The blue butterfly on the left of the red Dianthus is one.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• northforker
    10 years ago

Thanks for sharing your pretty flowers! I really like that rain chain too - - - -I am trying very hard not to add tooo many "decor" things to the yard, but I don't have one of those. Someone at work told me they make a great sound - does yours?

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes it does, nan! It's not like a wind chime, but it's a gentle trickling of the water tumbling down the metal of the chain.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• terrene
    10 years ago

Rain chains are pretty cool. Where did you yours? What is the water flowing down into?

• docmom_gw
    10 years ago

Brad,
    Your gardens are really filling in nicely! So much color, and it seems like you've focused on fragrance, as well. Are you seeing many butterflies? Thanks for sharing.

Martha

• ladyrose65
    10 years ago

Wow! Brad, beautiful pictures! The new flower bed is really pretty!

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you again, everyone!

Martha, oh yes, there's lots of butterflies around. I haven't seen many Monarchs yet, though. My milkweed is really taking off, so they'll have plenty to feast upon.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Whoops, I forgot to answer your question, terrene! We got the rain chain from a catalog called Collections Etc. It was the cheapest rain chain I've ever seen for sale. I'll give you the link to their website.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Here is a link that might be useful: Rain Chain

• mnwsgal
    10 years ago

Thanks for sharing the photos of your garden, Brad. Love, love that bright red dianthus. Do you know the name?

I'm curious, what does it sound like with the rain running through your rain chain?

• moonwolf_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

mnwsgal, Sadly, I do not know the name of the red Dianthus. It came from Wal-Mart and just labeled "Dianthus" with some growing instructons.

The rain chain sounds pretty neat, but it's just the same as hearing a fountain. I think the sound everyone talks about is when the rain/rain water splashes against the metal and makes a trickling noise like a fountain.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County