Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some Pictures Of The Garden

Posted by moonwolf Z6 Central PA (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 15, 13 at 12:15

Hi everyone,

I took these a couple days ago. Not all of these are from WS, but I still hope you enjoy the view. Welcome to Xanadu!

Reiman Clematis with two assorted annual flower planters from a local nursery
 photo 022_zps36e98c75.jpg

Dianthus (I think these are Sweet Williams. They have a really nice fragrance.)
 photo 023_zpse9b79945.jpg

Coreopsis that I WS'd a couple years ago.
 photo 024_zps9f964114.jpg

Sundowner Rosebush (I got this as a bare root plant at Wal-Mart two years ago. This is it's first blossom of the year. It was fully open last night. This has a really nice fragrance.)
 photo 025_zps6fc76abf.jpg

Red Dianthus I bought at Wal-Mart a couple years ago. This one is fragrant as well.
 photo 026_zps78e8f8b7.jpg

Knautia from WS and Poppy "Black Swan" from WS as well. This is the second year for the Knautia.

photo 027_zps316b89d3.jpg

The new flower bed. It is filled with assorted annuals and perennials. Some of which are from WS. I have Zinnias, Forget-Me-Nots (the annual kind), Morning Glories and Moonflower Vines (they'll grow up the leaf trellis you see in the background), Cosmos, Red Valerian (from a nursery), and others. The solar lights at night make a beautiful display.
 photo 028_zps81c40d92.jpg

I have more to post, but I'll round out this first post with our new rain chain. These are AWESOME to have in the garden!
 photo 038_zpsdadf1892.jpg

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some Pictures Of The Garden

Moonwolf, your plants and beds look colorful and creative! It looks like your ws plants are maturing and you've added some nice nursery stock. Isn't it great when the WS babies start to fill in? Adds so much beauty to the landscape.

o

Thank you, terrene! Yes, it's wonderful just watching the WS seedlings just grow and grow :-). You can see some solar lights amongst the flowers as well. The blue butterfly on the left of the red Dianthus is one.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

• Posted by nan-6161 Zone 7 Long Island, (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 17, 13 at 0:10

Thanks for sharing your pretty flowers! I really like that rain chain too - - - -I am trying very hard not to add tooo many "decor" things to the yard, but I don't have one of those. Someone at work told me they make a great sound - does yours?

o

Yes it does, nan! It's not like a wind chime, but it's a gentle trickling of the water tumbling down the metal of the chain.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

Rain chains are pretty cool. Where did you yours? What is the water flowing down into?

o

Brad,
Your gardens are really filling in nicely! So much color, and it seems like you've focused on fragrance, as well. Are you seeing many butterflies? Thanks for sharing.

Martha

o

Wow! Brad, beautiful pictures! The new flower bed is really pretty!

o

Thank you again, everyone!

Martha, oh yes, there's lots of butterflies around. I haven't seen many Monarchs yet, though. My milkweed is really taking off, so they'll have plenty to feast upon.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o

Whoops, I forgot to answer your question, terrene! We got the rain chain from a catalog called Collections Etc. It was the cheapest rain chain I've ever seen for sale. I'll give you the link to their website.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Here is a link that might be useful: Rain Chain

o

Thanks for sharing the photos of your garden, Brad. Love, love that bright red dianthus. Do you know the name?

I'm curious, what does it sound like with the rain running through your rain chain?

o

mnwsgal, Sadly, I do not know the name of the red Dianthus. It came from Wal-Mart and just labeled "Dianthus" with some growing instructons.

The rain chain sounds pretty neat, but it's just the same as hearing a fountain. I think the sound everyone talks about is when the rain/rain water splashes against the metal and makes a trickling noise like a fountain.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here