Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ccoupkir

WSing once again!

ccoupkir
12 years ago

Hi all!

Been a few years since I've been active here. Wanted to let you all know that even though I am living in a rental, I finally got back to wsing this year!! After a terrible divorce, losing my +1 acre gardens to a renter and having to relocate, I thought I would never garden again. HA! The ws bug got me big time this winter. My house is sold (or will be come June 15th), and I am thinking about a new home and gardens. That can only mean 1 thing .... ws babies!!!

It is as thrilling now as it was the 1st year I wsed. This year I only did about 25 containers... unlike 1 year when I did 750 milk containers! That was the year I put in my Tallgrass prairie.

Anyway ... I was thrilled to death when my true blue double cascading petunias sprouted. I did the proverbial "happy dance"!!

So just wanted to let all you "old timers" know that I'm back and can't wait to do some trading in the fall. I have tons of seeds gathered from the last year in my gardens.

This is a great forum and I have really missed all of you. Funny how things turn out sometimes!

Comments (10)

• gardenweed_z6a
    12 years ago

Welcome back!! Glad you're still enjoying gardening & WS even on a limited basis. I'm a seed-aholic and will be happy to trade when the time comes. This is my 2nd year WS so I've got things blooming for the first time from seeds I WS last year that I hope to harvest seeds from. It promises to be a banner year for lupine seeds in particular.

• kqcrna
    12 years ago

Hey Cheryl, so good to see you here again. I'm glad that times ahead are looking good for you.

Sadly, many of the old timers aren't around any more, or not much anyway. But some of us old die hards are still here.

If you haven't seen it yet, be sure to check "leaving the wintersown gardens" thread by tiffy in the conversations area.

Karen

• ladyrose65
    12 years ago

Congratulations! I'm almost a 1-year newbie. Very Happy to read about your good new in these times.

• terrene
    12 years ago

Hi Ccoupir, sorry to hear about your losses, but glad to hear you are able to enjoy this wonderful hobby again.

This is my 4th year WSing, not exactly a newbie, not exactly an oldie. I am enjoying growing plants from seeds very much!

• pitimpinai
    12 years ago

Hi Cheryl,
    So good to see you post again. Welcome back.
    The offer still stands for most plants in my garden. Come any time after July 1.

Right now I am in Ireland. Will get back on July 1.

• kqcrna
    12 years ago

Lucky you Piti!

Karen

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

Welcome back to winter sowing. Glad that you have enjoyed sowing this year and are looking forward to a new home and gardens.

I have three 'Ice Ballet' Asclepias from seed you sent in 2006 that I need to plant out. I haven't traded seeds much this past year and removed my trade list but let me know if you want any of these this fall.

• plays_in_dirt_dirt
    12 years ago

Welcome back, Cheryl! Hope the troubling times are all behind you. In my newbie year (2005-06), you sent me many seeds for postage. One of my favorites from that batch was giant blue hyssop. It is still coming back each year. I love smelling it and watching the bumblebees feasting on it. Seems you also did the WS database one year.

All the best,
    Barbara in Virginia zone 7

• ccoupkir
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks to everyone for the memories! The house is SOLD!!! YEA!!
    mnwsgal ... I still have some "Ice Ballet' seed! Waiting till I get to a permanent home to start it though.

Barbara ... Glad you are enjoying the Hyssop. Not sure if I have any seed from that. Too bad too because it made a lovely home in a corner by my powder room (sigh ...).

Hey Mone ! can't believe you're in Ireland! Maybe I can get up there in the early fall for a visit.

Karen .. my heart has really been going out to Tiffy having just gone through this myself. I can say that wsing again has a whole new meaning now!

• plays_in_dirt_dirt
    12 years ago

Cheryl, let me know if you want seeds of the giant blue hyssop. I'll save some for you.

Barbara in Virginia zone 7a

Sponsored