Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
countrycarolyn

Ot: Offering Perennial Plumbago (Ceratostigma plumbagnoides)

countrycarolyn
12 years ago

I know this is totally off topic!! I know this is the totally wrong forum!! I made an offer last year to you guys for my perennial plumbago well it is a tad late but I am still offering the offer for postage. If you are interested I will let you decide on how you would like to receive it.

I am offering this plant because this is a great ground cover for full sun that it is totally drought tolerant that I can NOT figure out how to save the seeds from. Soooo I am offering you guys the chance to help me figure the seeds out. I seriously do not know if I am just trying to start the seeds wrong or if I am collecting only chaff.

About the plant: It grows in full sun. Drought tolerant. Only pest that I have ever noticed to bother the plant is spider mites. This is a true blue perennial I mean true blue!! It grows to be about 8 to 9 inches tall and it does spread by underground rhizomes. I haven't really noticed it being invasive but it does spread quite nicely. It pops up a little late in spring and is starting to bloom now for me and will continue to bloom till frost. When frost arrives it will turn a red auburn color, which is attractive if you ask me. It is a woody deciduous ground cover type plant. Hardy to zones 5-9.

Post here if you are interested and I sure hope I am not offending anyone by posting this here!!

Taken just a few minutes ago.

{{gwi:406076}}

Here is the plant and the root.

{{gwi:406077}}

Taken a few years back while more in bloom.

{{gwi:406078}}

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz