Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
just1morehosta

Today,,,I got to work in the yard.

just1morehosta
12 years ago

Today was the first day, since early spring, that I actually got to do a whole days yard work,I have been so busy with my hosta's, and the garden Fair,there has been no time for me to play,pluse all the rain every other day, today was it! You should see the huge piles of weeds I have,it does not even look like I did any thing,there were so many, but to me, I can see a differance,and I like it.I can't wait to start to plant out my sprouts, which, a few will be blooming in their pots.lol

All in a good days work,hope you all got to play today as well, rain again tomorrow,bummer

cAROL

Comments (9)

• gardenweed_z6a
    12 years ago

cAROL - SO happy to hear you had a day to work in the garden when weather permitted since we both know those days can be few & far between! I had to work today but took the time to go walkabout at midday and again late afternoon to see what looks good and what needs work. Yanked a few weeds along the way and noticed some things blooming I hadn't seen before. No wonder June is the month most folks like to get married--it's definitely the month of (blooming) promises!!

• kqcrna
    12 years ago

Yes, a beautiful day here, too, temps in the mid-70s. I spent several hours playing in the dirt.

Karen

• ladyrose65
    12 years ago

I wish you all send that rain over here! It's just starting to rain on a somewhat regular here. The Heat...OMG!

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

We had a beautiful day as well on Monday. I even was able to turn some of the compost pile. It has been so rainy and soil so wet that I haven't even gotten the mulch down and there are weeds everywhere. I hate weeds and am meticulous about keeping beds weeded.

More rain again tonight.

• caryltoo Z7/SE PA
    12 years ago

Good for you cAROL. Enjoy. Here it's been so hot that all the weeds are baked into the ground. We finally got some rain the last few days and the temps are down. Now to find the time to clear my own jungle.

Caryl

• just1morehosta
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Caryl, yes, clearing out a jungle,is it in a nut shell.lol
    I spent another whole day yesterday weeding, man,oh man, does it ever look nice.Raining as we speak, so no work in the yard today.Guess I'll go sand my piece of furniture I'm working on.
    Have a great day every one.
    cAROL

• bookjunky4life
    12 years ago

My problem with weeds is that I have almost an acre of gardens and I just can't keep up with weeding it all. I was starting to get caught up because we had two weeks of no rain, but since Friday it has rained pretty much every day and its too muddy to pull weeds. Its making me nuts.

• just1morehosta
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I am going to try to learn how to post pictures this week.
    Wish me luck,ok
    I used to know how, then I took a nap.and forgot.lol
    cAROL

• bev2009
    12 years ago

I feel a little better knowing everyone is having a hard time getting the weeds out. I try and make a pass when I go out and pull anything that is flowering so it doesn't go to seed! Pulled out all the 3' thistle on Saturday in the lily garden and it looks a lot better. I hope everyone has some decent weather so you can get caught up.