Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
worthgold1

Clover

Michelle Worthgold
12 years ago

Should I turn the clover and cardboard I put down last spring into the soil now that I have my true leaves coming in for my winter sowing? Do I need to pull the clover and take up the cardboard? It did great at killing my turf but the neighbors still think I am crazy. I am putting in a rain garden this weekend if that makes any diffrence. I just planted the first 10 containers only 240 or so to go.

Comment (1)

• brightmoregirl
    12 years ago

I'm going to try to answer this question for you. I put cardboard, grassclippings and a load of dirt down in one of my beds 2 yrs ago. I didn't turn it under, you don't need too.It will breakdown into the soil, so there is no need to turn it under. I've not heard of using clover, Is it growing in the bed? If so and you don't want it any longer, you could put news paper down and put mulch on top of it. If you turn everything under, how do you keep from disturbing you winter sown plants. The cardboard is the best thing I've found for killing the grass in a bed. I used to use news paper, sometimes I still do. But the cardboard is easier to work with. I got lots of "she's crazy" looks from my neighbors too. Hope this helped.
    Jennie

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor