Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tiffy_z5_6_can

Want to see my Lupines? and more?

tiffy_z5_6_can
14 years ago

Thought I'd show them to you before another wind comes to visit. All were winter sown by Mother Nature except for the "Wendy" ones.

Here's a white...

{{gwi:408145}}

Here's a pink which got hit by a mean wind last Saturday and is starting to do the funny thing they do of pointing back towards the sun. Behind it is one of Wendy2shoes' Lupines.

{{gwi:408147}}

Here's Wendy's!!!

{{gwi:408149}}

Here's one Mother Nature planted in the rock wall along with a Yellow Euphorbia. Darn she's good, eh?!?!

{{gwi:408151}}

Getting away from Lupines, the wind wreaked havoc on my perennial Poppies and splayed them.

{{gwi:408153}}

The Ragged Robin stayed strong though. I really like this plant. :O)

{{gwi:408154}}

Here's a close-up of the flowers.

{{gwi:408155}}

One of my winter sown Columbines. It's Red Star.

{{gwi:408156}}

I have a lot of Columbines which bloomed this year and are quite unusual. I'll see if I can post tomorrow. :O)

Comments (7)

• carrie630
    14 years ago

I love lupines - can't grow them, but I enjoy yours, tiff...

Also, I only have one red columbine and I love it - yours is so pretty - thanks

Carrie

• PVick
    14 years ago

Beauts, tiffy!

I WSed lupines back in 2004 or 2005; gave some away and they did well for their new owners. The ones I kept died. I so love the look of the plant that I think I'll give them another shot for myself. Yours are so pretty.

'Ragged Robin'? Nice-looking plant. Hmmm - are those inulas I spy in there? LOL! You should see my two sedlings - huge. I'm trying to dwarf them by keeping them too long in 16-oz. cups. Ha - it doesn't seem to be working.

The columbines are gorgeous. They are in a "hot" bed?? What's the orange in the background?

Please do try and post the pics of your columbines - you know that's one of my "great acomplishments" this year? I've got something like 27 seedlings of 'Nora Barlow' mixed, and I want every last one!

PV

• token28001
    14 years ago

Yep. Can't grow them. Wish'n I could. You win this round, zone 5/6. Beautiful plants.

• greylady_gardener
    14 years ago

such lovely blossoms on your lupines. I had the best success that I have ever had with lupines, this year. I was thrilled and am waiting for seeds from a nice shorter (gallery) yellow one right now as it was the first to bloom. None of them was WS though. I am planning to WS them next year with this years' seeds. :)
    It was nice to see your 'ragged robin'. I was given some seeds for it this year, and WS them but nothing came up. I am glad I only sowed a few seeds and have lots left. Is yours WS? How old is the one in the pic? I really love the
    'ragged' blossom and will try to grow them again.
    gg

• northforker
    14 years ago

Everything looks great Tiffy! Those lupines are to die for. I have one large plant that bloomed wonderfully last year but nothing yet this year. Maybe if the sun ever comes out!

I did germinate and plant lots of lupine seeds this year. The seedlings are still tiny but I am hoping they start growing soon and hoping for lots of lupine flowers next year. Really think they are among the prettiest flowers - so bold.

• karendee
    14 years ago

Love the pics.

the dark pink ones are my favorite!

My Lupines just look like grass spikes now :) All WS'ed though. Maybe I will see blooms someday

Karen

• albertar
    14 years ago

oooh, really pretty Nicole. I love Lupines and waiting for the seed pods here to ripen.

Alberta

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz