Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Connections

Posted by drippy 7bAL (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 9, 13 at 22:34

Three years now in a yard in Alabama - these are coreopsis; descendants of the original coreopsis seeds that Trudi sent to me when I started wintersowing...11? years ago.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Connections

I love having plants that represent bridges back to different chapters and different people in our lives. My family has a tradition of planting trees to mark significant milestones. I'm also a hospice doc, and I often get seeds from my patients' gardens. That way I have a piece of them with me forever, and they know they won't be forgotten.

Martha

o

When I receive a plant or some seeds from another gardener, neighbor, family member, etc., if I think of the plant I always think of the person too. For example, I am still growing the red Bee Balm (Monarda didyma) that my mother gave me 20 years ago because she thought it was too invasive in her garden and dug it all up. It reminds me of her, but also I love it because the hummingbirds go nuts over this bee balm. I would NEVER dig it all up! Over the years I've shared it with numerous other gardeners and hopefully they've enjoyed the hummingbirds too.

I think the connections through plants are cool!

o

Can't believe you have been there three years! Seems just last year you were moving in and starting your new beds. Great to see the results of those three years and how they bring back thoughts of those early winter sowing days. I am anticipating the bloom of the peony from my grandma's garden.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here