Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
v1rt

few of my garden pics

v1rt
12 years ago

Didn't have quality time with my garden this year. Very crazy schedule at work. Hopefully, I'll be able to post pics again after a week. See ya!

{{gwi:411703}}

{{gwi:411704}}

{{gwi:411705}}

{{gwi:411706}}

{{gwi:411708}}

{{gwi:411709}}

{{gwi:411711}}

{{gwi:411713}}

{{gwi:411715}}

{{gwi:411717}}

{{gwi:411721}}

{{gwi:411723}}

Comments (16)

• gardenweed_z6a
    12 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous Neil!! Your monarda/bee balm is fabulous and what a stunning combination with the daisies!! Any chance you'll be harvesting BB seeds this year? I'm growing a washed out pink variety that's unimpressive and would like to grow the red instead. I've got lots of dianthus 'Sooty' & columbine seeds to trade.

• kqcrna
    12 years ago

Beautiful, Neil. You did such a nice job with your patio.

Karen

• tepelus
    12 years ago

Very nice. The Sweet Pea picture is stunning, one could use it as a poster. Your patio is nice, too.

Karen

• v1rt
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everyone!

Eileen,

I wasn't aware we can harvest seeds from beebalm. What I've done for 2 years now is dig 1-2 stems and transplant. I do it in spring. It's spreads quickly.

Karen,

Thanks Karen! I'll post more pics of the patio.

Karen,

It's hyacinth bean vine. Is it the same family as sweet pea?

• tepelus
    12 years ago

Oops! My bad. I guess it looked like sweet peas to me. I've never grown hyacinth beans before.

Karen

• paulan70
    12 years ago

Very nice pictures. I so wish my camera did better macros than it does now.

Paula

• just1morehosta
    12 years ago

Hi Neil,wow, Wow, WOW,
    What Beeeeeeeeeeautiful pictures.How do you get the frame around them like that?Love the H.Bean climbing up,are they spilling over in the one picture,very pretty indeed.I could look at your pictures all day long.
    We have missed you here,nice to have you back.
    cAROL

• v1rt
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Carol so much! My work schedule is so bad! :( I worked in downtain and take train(1hr50mins travel-door to door). I was told to come to work at 8:30am and leave 12pm, then be online again from 4:30pm until 9:30pm. I need to support EOD stuff(trading) and handover issues to India team. I've been doing this for more than 2 months now. It's a real pain.

Anyways, looking at my flowers makes me forget my work. HAHAHA! I'll try to take new pictures. Some plants haven't flowered yet.

That H. Bean came from you! :D

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

I have missed your photos as well, Neil. You are truly a photograph artist.

If you want to grow your clematis up your deck post you could wrap the post with garden fencing or bird netting. That is a beautiful clematis.

You did such a great job building your deck last year. Nice to see the table & chairs and plants that you have added.

• northerner_on
    12 years ago

What beautiful pics.!!! Just what the doctor ordered. Love your patio. What variety of Shasta Daisy is that? I am still trying with White Knight (summer sowing) and getting no results. Alaska is too tall for me. And what are the two last flowers from the last? Your close-ups are awsome.

• Cricket_Love
    12 years ago

Did you even sow the clematis? I am amazed!!!! I am looking forward to winter now!!!! :D

• just1morehosta
    12 years ago

Neil what is # 6 ?
    I think I NEED it,so pretty.
    I am happy the H.bean sprouted for you, mine did as well, but not nearly as pretty as yours.
    Sure would be nice, if we could all tour each others gardens wouldn't it, pictures sure do help put one in a good mood.
    cAROL

• river_crossroads z8b Central Louisiana
    12 years ago

Hi Neil,

What is the name of that clematis? It is beautiful! I remember your questions last year asking what vines you could grow on your brand new pergola. Looks like you have done great job with the vines.

• v1rt
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sorry everyone, was busy again at work.

The clematis was given to me by pitimpinai "Mone" early this year. It is called Etoille Violette if I remember correctly. Looks the size of the flower isn't normal. Most likely due to transplant.

Carol,

I forgot what number 6 is. It was wintersown back in 2009. Looks like it's Double Rudbeckia. The Irish Eyes is green in center.

About the shasta daisy, I forgot the name too. It was from 2009 too.

About the annual vine, I noticed that 3 plants aren't enough for that pot. I will also change the potting mix. Brand is Schultz and looks like the vine took forever to grow.

Thanks mnwsgal for the kind words! :)

Below is another one I took the other day. It's the Radiance variety.

Thanks everyone again! Btw, I'm also enjoying looking at your pictures! Continue posting and Happy Gardening!!! :)

{{gwi:411727}}

• ladyrose65
    12 years ago

You take some really nice pictures! They are lovely1

• Ament
    12 years ago

Gosh those are so lovely, Same zone as I am. Where at? Just gorgeous! Makes the heart and soul happy to see the beauty. :) Thank you for sharing!

~Tina Marie

Sponsored