Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kqcrna

A few new pictures, mid July

kqcrna
12 years ago

Tidal wave petunias, wintersown.

{{gwi:350186}}

Doppleganger, WSown about 4 or 5 years ago. They seldom get the cute hats, but several have hats now.

{{gwi:411898}}

Some look like doubles

{{gwi:411899}}

{{gwi:411900}}

{{gwi:411901}}

{{gwi:411902}}

{{gwi:411903}}

{{gwi:411905}}

WSown toms in my new Texas tomato cages

{{gwi:411907}}

{{gwi:411908}}

Not WSown but eye candy anyway

{{gwi:411909}}

{{gwi:411910}}

Karen

Comments (12)

• tepelus
    12 years ago

So beautiful! I really like that planter that's in front of your garage. The colors look great together. Love the rocks in your last two pictures. Your wave petunias in the first picture are doing better than my self sown ones. Mine are just starting to send out the runners. Maybe I'll have blooms by August. I've been giving them some Miracle Gro in hopes it may help speed things up a bit.

Karen

• kqcrna
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Karen, you should try some Tidal Wave some time, they're really worth the price of the seeds, I think. Trouble is, we'll be going on vacation soon, and they'll probably never really recover after that. I'm going to give them a good haircut before I leave, but even that doesn't quite do it. They really need me. None of my pots ever recover from my vacation.

Thanks for the compliments.

Karen

• v1rt
    12 years ago

That is gorgeous Karen!!!!! My coleus came up well too but I forgot to pinch it. Maybe I'll pinch it in September then plan them as new plants.

Can I have seeds of this pink flowering plant? :) Thanks in advance!

{{gwi:411903}}

• kqcrna
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Neil, that one that you copied is echinacea Hot Papaya. It's a hybrid, and I couldn't find any seeds on it last fall.

Karen

• v1rt
    12 years ago

Thanks for the name. I'll look for it. :)

• highalttransplant
    12 years ago

I thought Hot Papaya was supposed to be orange. Yours looks hot pink. Glad I saw your pic before ordering one of those. It would stick out like a sore thumb in my red, orange, and yellow beds!

• tepelus
    12 years ago

And even if the echinacea did have seeds, most likely the children won't look the same as the parent, especially if there are other echincea growing nearby for cross pollination.

Karen

• kqcrna
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Exactly, Karen.

Hot Papaya is bright red. That pic was taken just before sunset and the color doesn't look quite right. Here's a shot from last year.
    {{gwi:411911}}

Karen

• sjc48
    12 years ago

Your gardens look just beautiful, Karen! My Tidal Waves didn't do well at all. Is that a crocosmia lucifer in the pic with the air conditioner?
    Shirley!

• PVick
    12 years ago

Looks great, Karen! Especially like the coneflower shot, with all the different colors. My goal, someday.

Your coleus collection is getting to be quite impressive!

PV

• kqcrna
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Shirley, I don't have any crosmansia. The red plants are 2 remaining old gladiolus and the second round of flowers this year on Maltese cross.

And thanks for the compliments.

PV, are you growing any coleus this year?

Karen

• PVick
    12 years ago

I did get a few from RD this year - only three, plus my perilla. I'll have to get a picture -

PV

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?