Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
indianaplantlover

104 yesterday and this newbie is thinking.........

indianaplantlover
11 years ago

WINTER SOWING. Guess it's crazy but can't stop thinking of all the milk jugs lined up and me going out in the cold to check on them each morning. Since moving into my new house and needing to fill my empty yard I have started planing how I want my yard to look. So inspite of the 104 and 105 days here in Southern Indiana I am reading the board every day, waiting not so patiently for seeds to start showing up on the exchange boards, buying stamps and bubble envelopes, buying a few packs of seeds so I can have something to swap. And have even made a place in the back yard for my winter sow containers to be kept once planted. Guess I can start also get potting soil stocked up. I did WS many years ago and it was so wonderful. Planted over 100 containers and planed out every seedling. Way to many for 1 yard. So I have to tell myself not to over plan. But it is so theraputic to have your hands in the dirt when the days of winter are long and grey and cold. It sure makes winter seem so much easier.

Comments (7)

Sponsored