Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
northerner_on

OT- Looking for a decent hose nozzle

northerner_on
10 years ago

Hello everyone: I thought a lot before posting this here because I could not find anything about this problem anywhere on the Web. For many years, I bought a cheap (about $3.00) hose nozzle from Walmart each year. They never seemed to make it over winter, even though I brought it indoors, but that did not matter because it was cheap, had about 7 settings, and did the job. They stopped carrying them last year, and I just bought my third, quite expensive (almost $20) nozzle. The problem with these nozzles is that when you start spraying, whatever the setting, the hose emits a sharp jet, as if you had it on the jet setting. I have damaged several potted plants, sent dirt flying from newly planted out beds, unless I remember to 'spray away' from the target initially. Can anyone recommend one that does not do this? It makes 'quick' watering impossible and I have several pots and baskets which I have to leave in the care of my NGS for a couple of weeks. He will need to make quick work of it, but a finnicky spray nozzle will frustrate him (and probably damage my plants). Does anyone use a nozzle without this problem that you care to recommend? I have a week left to find a replacement. Thank you all in advance.
Northerner

Sponsored