Malva Zebrina WS'd

{{gwi:415006}}

Maltese Cross Ws'd with Sundrops

{{gwi:415007}}

{{gwi:415008}}

Comments (11)

• gardenweed_z6a
    12 years ago

Beautiful! Your plants are oh so pretty and very healthy-looking. How tall did your Maltese cross grow?

• terrene
    12 years ago

Very pretty Bev! I love the combo of Maltese cross and Sundrops. I don't grow either, but they look fabulous together.

Is Maltese Cross a vine? Does it grow up the trellis?

• PVick
    12 years ago

Nice, Bev! Ditto what terrene says - that Maltese Cross/Sundrops combo is a beaut.

terrene - it's not a vine; that structure looks like a cage of some kind, and the plant is growing up inside it.

Bev???

PV

• bev2009
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The Maltese cross grows about 3' tall. To tell you the truth, I never got around to getting something to grow up the obelisk, so I just stuck in over the Maltese cross. LOL On the other side of the garage door in the picture is another obelisk and I just got a clematis to climb up it. I was going to put some WS Black Eyed Susan Vine to climb on it, which would have been pretty with the orange Maltese Cross, but I ended up putting those somewhere else in the garden. I'll probably try to grow more next year. I'm glad you like the shots. I'll try and get more posted next week, the garden has really matured this year.

• northforker
    12 years ago

Looking good!!! I really like your garden beds - neat and full.

• ladyrose65
    12 years ago

Bev, you have a very beautiful garden. I like how its organized. Very Pretty!

• trudi_d
    12 years ago

Lovely garden, I love mixing hostas into flower borders. Awesome.

T

• bev2009
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everyone! I'll post more pictures when I get back from vacation.

• just1morehosta
    12 years ago

Very,very pretty,I love the Melva,you have done a great job with the layout as well.Beautiful garden,thanks for sharing your inspiring pictures with us.
    cAROL

• pippi21
    12 years ago

Beautiful pictures..I WS Malva Zebrina in 2009 and it came back this year but not as strong. Something has been eating the leaves. I sprayed but last year it was much taller. That maltese cross is a beauty and I like it with sundrops. Is this the first time you have grown sundrops? They spread fast but are always so pretty. I had them at my former home for years. We called them "Aunt Pearl's flowers" because my husband's favorite Aunt gave us the original plants. You'll find them everywhere you didn't plant them if you have a windy spell in the winter or early March, just like forget-me-nots..and Johnny Jump-ups too. The wind carries the seeds and plants them wherever!

• bev2009
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Pippi, this was the first year for the malva. I got the sundrops from a neighbor years ago at my old house and brought them to the new house 6 years ago. I haven't had a big problem with them spreading at either location and I can't get forget-me-nots to reseed well either-just one plant this year. I was disappointed my verbena bonariensis didn't reseed this year and I just found one tonight. Not enough for the butterflies, but I was glad to see it.

Sponsored
Home Rescue Contracting
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars14 Reviews
Loudoun County's in Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions