Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
token28001

T&M seeds 99 cent sale

token28001
14 years ago

link

I only spent $8.90 including shipping. :)

Comments (58)

• irisheyes66
    14 years ago

Don't forget to use the $10.00 discount promo code: 06832

So glad I caught the sale early...lots of goodies for my next round of WS!

Happy gardening :-)
    Susan in Kansas

• zahzeen
    14 years ago

Dee, you're a person after my own heart. I got out with $17 after consulting MY excel spreadsheet but only got things I did not already have. I love and curse threads like this - I have to get some self control over seed buying! I grew up in CT near Hartford maybe this behavior has something to do with how we learned in the CT school system. Nah, too many other people around the country seem to have this "problem".
    PS It's always the shipping that seems to really hike up the bill. T&M under $15.00 is $3.95 and jumps to $6.95 for the next increment.

• diggerdee zone 6 CT
    14 years ago

zahzeen, my spending was curbed by two things. One, I know the Valueseeds sale is always there for me, lol, and two, I still have about 40 containers waiting to be planted out! I kept them in mind while shopping, lol.

I love and curse threads like this too, lol. But, I have to fess up and say that, like Bonnie, I got the e-mail, went shopping, and my very next step was to come here and post, lol. But Token beat me to it too.

Gee, wish I had known about that $10 discount code... DO I dare go back to the site...?

:)
    Dee

• stage_rat
    14 years ago

I almost resisted! I did like Dee, I referred to my Wants list, and they had very little on it. But...they have a deep pink larkspur I really want ("scarlet"), and to get it anywhere else would cost a lot more. Also, I really want to try Echium Blue Bedder and they have it. It wasn't on sale, but it helped justify the shipping cost. And I want to grow Hyssop...and I had no sprouts of my Salmon Maltese Cross...

Once I justified the $4 shipping, I splurged a little. I always get a few impulse things at Valueseeds, so I treated this like paying a little extra to get the first pick of a Valueseeds update--$1.25 per pack instead of .99

Thanks for the alert, token

• helencolby
    14 years ago

Hanging head here. I spent almost $50 for seeds for next springs vegetable garden. I like to start lots of them in my sunspace at home. (kinda like a greenhouse, but part of the house instead of seperate)

Helen

• zahzeen
    14 years ago

Does anyone know if Value Seed is connected to T&M? I read in a few places that Value Seed gets the leftovers (excess or last years) from T&M. Of course I went to the Value Seed site after placing my order from T&M after reading that a lot of people were going to their sale. It seemed to me that they had less of a selection and their prices ($.99) were the same as the T&M sale. Please reply only if you have something negative to say - I have more than enough seeds and don't need to order more from Value Seed too! Only kidding about the negative reply part, the part about enough seeds is true. Thanks.

• kqcrna
    14 years ago

Valueseeds is connected to T&M, extra seeds, I believe, at reduced prices. But they are T&M seeds. I've ordered from them a lot. Shipping and delivery take weeks, other than that they're fine.

Karen

• zahzeen
    14 years ago

Dee,

If you want to pay the $3.95 shipping, you can order 10 seeds at $.99 (or just spend the $10.00 any way you want) and use the discount code and end up only paying the $3.95. It actually works - of course I went over board but that's OK. I'm DONE buying seeds for now (at least for today).

• karendee
    14 years ago

thanks for the coupon!!!

I spent only 3.95

I just could not resist with a coupon!!
    Karen

Here is what I got if anyone is interested...

Your order contained the following products
    1 Ã Zucchini seeds : Tricolor F1 Hybrid [305] @ 0.99 each
    2 Ã Nicotiana seeds: Perfume Deep Purple [4415] @ 0.99 each
    1 Ã Tomatillo seeds: Large Green [608] @ 0.99 each
    2 Ã Cleome spinosa seeds: Color Fountain Mixed [6183] @ 0.99 each
    1 Ã Petunia seeds: Cascade Pink Orchid Mist F1 Hybrid [7412] @ 0.99 each
    1 Ã Gaillardia pulchella seeds: Sundance [7640] @ 0.99 each
    1 Ã Rudbeckia hirta seeds: Prairie Sun [7728] @ 0.99 each
    1 Ã Squash seeds : Winter : High Sugar Mixed F1 Hybrid [883] @ 0.99 each
    1 Ã 1 FREE packet of SEED [free1] @ 0.00 each

Product Subtotal : 9.90
    Discount : 9.90
    Shipping : 3.95
    Total : 3.95

• kqcrna
    14 years ago

I finally got around to ordering

1 Ã Dianthus seeds: Albus [1696] @ 0.99 each
    1 Ã Penstemon digitalis seeds: Husker Red [2548] @ 3.50 each
    1 Ã Armeria hybrida seeds: Bees Hybrids [2699] @ 0.99 each
    1 Ã Eschscholzia californica seeds: Summer Sorbet [4228] @ 0.99 each
    1 Ã Nicotiana seeds: Perfume Deep Purple [4415] @ 0.99 each
    1 Ã Delosperma floribunda seeds: Stardust [4504] @ 2.95 each
    1 Ã Dianthus deltoides seeds: Arctic Fire [4506] @ 0.99 each
    1 Ã Eryngium alpinum seeds: Blue Lace [4510] @ 0.99 each
    1 Ã Marigold patula seeds: Zenith Mixed [4606] @ 0.99 each
    1 Ã Basil seeds : Sweet Green [474] @ 0.99 each
    1 Ã Antirrhinum majus seeds: Royal Bride [6884] @ 0.99 each
    1 Ã Delphinium (Larkspur) ajacis seeds: Kingsize Scarlet [7243] @ 0.99 each
    1 Ã Rudbeckia hirta seeds: Prairie Sun [7728] @ 0.99 each
    1 Ã Tomato seeds : Black Cherry [79] @ 0.99 each
    1 Ã Alyssum seeds: Sweet White [km6029] @ 0.99 each
    1 Ã 1 FREE packet of SEED [free1] @ 0.00 each

Product Subtotal : 19.32
    Discount : 10
    Shipping : 3.95
    Total : 13.27

Karen

• hepatica_z7
    14 years ago

Thanks, token and irish eyes! Good deal. I got half vegetables, half flowers, 10 packets for just the shipping charge.

• zahzeen
    14 years ago

Good deal, Karen. The other benefit that the coupon does is calculate shipping after the discount. If you ordered $19.32 without the coupon, shipping would have been $6.95 (shipping charge goes up after $15.00 from the $3.95 to $6.95). Using the coupon, it calculates shipping based on $19.32 less the coupon of $10.00 or $9.32. Since its now below $15.00, you pay only $3.95 for shipping saving yourself an additional $3.00 (just in case you need further justification like I always do when buying more seeds).

• jspeachyn5
    14 years ago

I did not know about a coupon when I ordered. So I paid full price. :(
    Next time I guess I will have to ask before I order.
    Bonnie : )

• kqcrna
    14 years ago

Yes, the discount code helped a lot. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Karen

• karendee
    14 years ago

yes the discount was awsome! I did not even tell DH yet. I will just have to hide the seeds when they come in.

I will need more seeds for WS'ing so keep the deals coming :)

Karen

• okiefamily
    14 years ago

Darn Ya'll! I ordered $18 worth, then saw the coupon code so went back and ordered $10 more but got it for just the shipping.

Thanks for the tip!

• token28001
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I just placed another order. I wonder how many orders they are getting from this one coupon code.

• kqcrna
    14 years ago

Did you use the coupon code twice token? I'd be shocked if that worked twice for the same person. You can't beat the 99 cent price, though, even if you do pay for shipping it's a good deal.

Karen

• zahzeen
    14 years ago

I'm pretty sure each person can only use the coupon code once. It'd be interesting to know how many people (particularly from the Garden Web) used that code.

• token28001
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I only used the coupon code once. But I know lots of you have used it. :)

• sheltieche
    14 years ago

they have few things I like to stock up on, so once I ordered full price and second time got with coupon, thanks for the tip!

• lynnencfan
    14 years ago

oh boy - been out of touch for a while and I come back to this - the sale I have been waiting for :) - did my large order but it is worth it - thanks for the code # - that helped alot. I forwarded it to my hubby's computer - he does the veggie order - we will see if he gets the discount too - different name, e-mail but same shipping addy .......

Lynne

• purplegirl66
    14 years ago

Thanks for the tip! I haven't been able to do much this year, but trying to get back on track for 2010.

• daisydawnny
    14 years ago

Placed my order! Thanks so much for the head's up on the sale and the coupon code!!! I am so excited, except I could not find the Lady's Slipper seed I wanted so bad.

• defrost49
    14 years ago

How long is the code good for? It didn't seem to work when I attempted to order. I see the 99 cent sale ends July 16.

• austinnhanasmom
    14 years ago

I placed an order before seeing the code and went back after seeing the discount code. I also couldn't get it to work.

I can't believe I returned after all of the seeds I've purchased recently. I need very few seeds and have hit every sale posted on this forum.

ENABLERS for sure!!

Not that I'm complaining because at 99 cents, the TM seeds are a bargain, but you'd think the crazy customers like myself would receive a coupon code...I didn't.

I noticed that seeds have been added since I placed my order at the beginning of the sale.

• PVick
    14 years ago

the $0.99 sale has been extended until July 21 ......

• mmqchdygg
    14 years ago

July 14, Tuesday at 9:55 EST- Code not working.

• karendee
    14 years ago

pv, I got the email about the sale being extended also. Looks like I need to make a second order!

Anyone use the $10 06832 code 2 times? I also found this one not sure if it works yet though, 10% off code GHCB

I will go try them...
    Karen

• mmqchdygg
    14 years ago

In my search for another valid coupon, I came across the Watchdog posts at DG. Apparently, last year there was a sale, and people used a coupon code, and got calls directly from T&M to say the coupon code was not valid. I hope this doesn't happen to people this year.

• token28001
    Original Author
    14 years ago

My first order arrived yesterday. If they accept the coupon code, I expect the second one here on Friday or Saturday. I've received no calls or emails about the code not being valid when I used it on my second order.

2 of Sunflower seeds : Pastiche [2591] @ 0.99 each
    2 of Papaver paeoniflorum seeds: Ooh La La - 1 packet [4613] @
    0.99 each
    2 of Hibiscus moscheutos seeds: Disco Belle Mixed [4670] @ 0.99
    each
    2 of Papaver seeds: commutatum Flanders [6553] @ 0.99 each
    1 of Aquilegia viridiflora seeds: Chocolate Soldier [7840] @ 0.99
    each
    1 of Myrrhis odorata seeds: (Myrrh) [861] @ 0.99 each
    1 of 1 FREE packet of SEED [free1] @ 0.00 each

Item Subtotal: 9.9
    NJ Sales Tax: 0.00
    Discount: 9.9
    Shipping: 3.95
    Total: 3.95

• karendee
    14 years ago

I started to make a second order but I have not gotten my first yet so I plan to wait.

I sure hope the code works and I get no calls!

I will post when my order arrives.
    Karen

• stage_rat
    14 years ago

Token, what were your free seeds?

• soonergrandmom
    14 years ago

I did not get a call. I received my seeds today and they had not given me the $10 discount, which also made my shipping in the next bracket. I called and gave them the confirmation number from the on-line order which showed the deductions, and they corrected it. I ordered about 22 or 23 packs, and they didn't have everything. I'll bet they put a minimum order on that in $10 off order in the future inside of "giving away" the seeds for shipping and handling costs.

• token28001
    Original Author
    14 years ago

oenothera "Lemon Sunset" was the free packet I got. Haven't received the second pack yet. Last year I got marigolds.

• kilngod
    14 years ago

I used the coupon code 'round about July 5th and it worked. I got:

1 of Nasturtium minus seeds: Black Velvet [1209] @ 0.99 each
    1 of Aquilegia vulgaris seeds: Magpie [2716] @ 0.99 each
    2 of Pennisetum seeds: Purple Majesty (Ornamental) [3280] @ 0.99
    each
    1 of Tagetes patula seeds: Solan [3451] @ 0.99 each
    1 of Dahlia variabilis seeds: Black Beauty [4351] @ 0.99 each
    1 of Eryngium alpinum seeds: Blue Lace [4510] @ 0.99 each
    1 of Thyme seeds : Orange Scented [498] @ 0.99 each
    1 of Cosmos bipinnatus seeds: Daydream [6305] @ 0.99 each
    1 of Nasturtium Tip-Top Apricot [6700] @ 1.99 each
    1 of Heteropappus meyendorfii seeds: Blue Knoll [6713] @ 0.99
    each
    1 of Cephalaphora aromatica seeds [6959] @ 0.99 each
    1 of Delphinium (Larkspur) ajacis seeds: Kingsize Scarlet [7243]
    @ 0.99 each
    1 of Rudbeckia hirta seeds: Prairie Sun [7728] @ 0.99 each
    1 of Aquilegia viridiflora seeds: Chocolate Soldier [7840] @ 0.99
    each
    1 of Myrrhis odorata seeds: (Myrrh) [861] @ 0.99 each
    1 of 1 FREE packet of SEED [free1] @ 0.00 each

***My free seed pack was Cinnamon Basil (maybe because they were out of the Siam Basil I ordered).

***My shipping slip confirmed the $10 off coupon.

Thank you soooooo much for posting the coupon code! Made it about half price!!!!!

(grin)
    --Tina

• austinnhanasmom
    14 years ago

My free pack was Cinnamon Basil as well.

I'm sort of glad the $10 code didn't work today because I would have ordered MANY duplicates - LOL.

• heather38
    14 years ago

I to ordered from T&M but with a different code ( that offer expired 30th April) and the last offer I got off them was $10 of a $30 order, still not a bad discount, and I was really happy with their service, and a little guilty about getting free seeds I spent $9.90ish, still I was so impressed I will use them next year along with Johnnys and John scheepers kitchen garden seed all of them had exceptionally fast service, I have no complaint about any of them, I wonder if someone had forgot to turn off that code and the flurry of activity alerted them to it? :)
    unfortunatly the company I used for my main order as they appeared cheap has probably cost me more in phone calls than I saved! 2 months for most my seed to arrive (dispite being "in Stock" on ordering and beginning of feb,and only 1 of my bareroot plants survived! I got a refund of $26.96 and when I ordered and was very careful to buy and include shipping in my refund but in the code and I was only refunded $26 I am so incenced by this it is not true, and I AM phoning again tomorrow for the missing 96c, posting a review on Dave garden thing? and BBB
    I got black beauty eggplant free.

• kqcrna
    14 years ago

They must be very busy with this sale going on. I usually receive orders from them pretty fast, but I ordered on July 6 and haven't received them yet.

Karen

• karendee
    14 years ago

Must be busy, I have not gotten mine yet either. (also ordered Jul 6)

Since I paid only shipping with the coupon I won't complain.
    Karen

• stage_rat
    14 years ago

I got mine yesterday! I also got my huge box of irises from the unnamed iris swap, so it totally felt like xmas!

My free seeds were also cinnamon basil.

One thing I bought was the mix of 3 kinds of runner beans--that packet is double the size of the others, and stuffed! They divided the beans into 3 packets too--very nice.

I also bought Walking Stick Kale. It wasn't on sale, but I thought it would look interesting and could make neat bean poles. Has anyone gown it? They sent a page on instructions on it, which I toght was very nice. Tom Clothier has info on it too.

• stage_rat
    14 years ago

I accidentally hit Post when I went to fix my typos--I meant "grown" and "thought." Oops

• jessewo
    14 years ago

I missed the spot to enter the code when I ordered, so I e-mailed them immediatly to ask if it could be applied. The first response was that the code was expired, but later I received word that it would be applied. I received my seeds yesterday & sure enough the $10 was deducted-very attentive service (& more seeds!)

• kqcrna
    14 years ago

My T&M order arrived today. (order placed July 6)

Karen

• karendee
    14 years ago

My order also arrived today.

My free packet was Lupin, Band of Nobles Mixed

I am so excited!
    Karen

• token28001
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Just got my second order this morning. My free seeds are cornflower.

They charged me $2.95. I ordered 9 packs of seed and used the $10 coupon code.

• tammyinwv
    14 years ago

I checked and they are NOT showing up as .99 for me. How do I do it?
    Tammy

• token28001
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I think you may have missed it Tammy. It ended July 16.

• PVick
    14 years ago

Actually, the sale was extended to July 21 at 11 A.M. EST - sorry you missed it, Tammy.

You might want to keep your eye out for when Valueseeds bumps up their inventory ...

PV

• evonnestoryteller
    14 years ago

Last year they had a second round on the sale. Maybe they will have another one is a few weeks!