Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ohiovalleygardener

This weekends finds at Lowes clearance rack

ohiovalleygardener
11 years ago

On Sat. I visited Lowes in my town and the clearance racks were loaded. They have 50% off the clearance price. So between yesterday and today I got:

Little Lassie daylily still with 3 blooms to open

Bandit man daylily still 3 blooms to open

Baby Betsy daylily 2 huge seed pods

Camelot Cream Foxglove with lots of seeds

rheinland Astilbe

Nicotinana Alata got 2 of these @.50 ea

Rudbeckia Tiger eye .50

Destined To See Daylily

Wisest of Wizards daylily

Moonlit Masquerade daylily

Rudbeckia Toto 2@.50

Margarita snowcap daisy 2@.50

This weekends total $11.00 Will have lots of planing to do and lots to add to my yard.

Comments (14)

• northforker
    11 years ago

Whats that sound? Hundreds of car engines started up, heading for LOWES!!!! Thanks so much for the heads up. I've been a lowes clearence "adoptive parent" to some pretty abused plant specimens in the past, and I'll give it a go again tomorrow. There is a store near my office.

• christie_sw_mo
    11 years ago

Good deal on the daylilies and the others too!
    I stopped at a Lowe's on Friday and they had some of their gallon pots of "Premium Perennials" marked down to a dollar. I got some pots of Garden Phlox (Early Start Light Pink, Early Start Velvet, and Mystique Black Phlox). My daughter got Jade phlox, a double shasta daisy - forgot name and a pot of Moonbeam Coreopsis. The coreopsis was only half off but still a good deal.

• ohiovalleygardener
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I don't know how other stores handle it but our store here makes an additional 50% off the clearance price on the weekends. Can't wait till the weekends roll around. Even if I just have a couple of bucks I love adding to the yard knowing it will be so much nicer next year and I will have seeds to trade this year.

• tazdevyl1
    11 years ago

I just wanted to thank you for this. I just went over to my local lowe's, while a minimal selection, I still managed to get:

An entire flat (missing ONE) of Marigolds. $6
    A Penstemon $1
    A Shasta Daisy $1
    And 1 more thing that the name is escaping me. $1

I think I might head back this weekend.

• bakemom_gw
    11 years ago

I Love it. Here they were $3 apiece for gallon perennials. What's interesting about lowes is that sometime you can find something unusual there. I'm going to go back this weekend too. nice healthy astibles for $3 is a deal. If they mark them to 50% off, I will get a ton.

• emcd124
    11 years ago

Woo hoo! I know where I'm going after work today! Have you all had good luck with perennials planted this late surviving the winter if they are hardy for your zone normally?

• northforker
    11 years ago

I keep forgetting to go! (Maybe it is a unconcious brain trick to keep me from buying more plants I don't have room to plant!) Hubby and I are heading into the town that has the LOWES tonight to do other shopping and *I hope to at least take a peek!

• mzdee
    11 years ago

My Lowes had a bunch of plants at 75 percent off today. Mostly a%nnuals. But I got a lavender tree for % - don't know what I was thinking; got it thinking it was a shrub. Also got coreopis for 2, tiny orange asiatic lily for 2, and a couple of compact flowering shrubs for 1.50 (can't remember the name, but did read the label on that one!). Finally, most of the patio flower pot arrangements were on sale. I got a large potted dahlia with ton of buds. I dead headed the spent flowers and brown foliage. Going with a bit of fertilizer and a good watering. I expect to enjoy it on my deck until I have to bring it in to the garage. It was 7 - nice pot and really big. Go visit lowes and prepare to have the gardener of possibilities in you take over. Anybody want a lavender??? :)

• ohiovalleygardener
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Went to Lowes today and when I got there finally got the long awaited rain. Went out to check out the clearance anyway. Only go some type of heather and 1 other something and the rain opened up. Have to go back tomorrow. Hope everyone else that visited Lowes today got to do some good rescues.

• northforker
    11 years ago

Visited LowE's this evening and picked up two large pots of gerber daisys, two unusal coleous plants and a large hanging pot of those tiny petunia looking flowers (starts with a "c"..) for .50cents each. They definitely need a little TLC, but all these annuals will be blooming again in my gardens soon!

No perennials on clearance racks at my LOWES.

But I'll keep checking back.

• leisa_in_md
    11 years ago

Thanks for posting this! I didn't find any perennials either, but I did get a bunch of really cheap petunias! :)

Leisa

• TraceyOKC
    11 years ago

I love their clearance racks too. I have a Lowes behind my work and I have been sneaking out there on my lunch hour since the spring. It all started last year when I went to get my fall tomato plants. They werent very healthy but I hadnt been able to find any better at other stores. I thought the cashier made a mistake, she only charged me 25 cents each. She told me they just didnt look good. (which they didnt but they got better) Then I noticed they had a clearance rack... This season it seems like we have been getting 90% of our home and garden supplies there, just so I can check out the clearance!

About once a week, DH likes to stop at ALL Lowes on his way home from work (about 30 mins away) to buy the discounted broken bags of mulch and compost.

We live within walking distance of a Walmart, they only mark their almost dead plants at 50% off, never more. Ive been through their garden center about 6 times this season and never bought anything, clearance or not. These days I just go to Lowes.

• tazdevyl1
    11 years ago

Todays finds.

Orchid $3 (I usually have bad luck with them..so for $3 who cares? lol)

2 African Violets at $1 each. Lush green foliage. Only thing "wrong"? The flowers died.

Much prefer Lowe's over Home Depot. Set up nicer, better selection. Better taken care of. And they have a clearance rack. Our local Home Depot stopped theirs.

• christie_sw_mo
    11 years ago

I went by Lowe's again and picked up a couple Gaillardia Mesa Yellows, and Veronica 'Atomic Lavender' for a dollar each. They had lots of them still at regular price but these were a bit too sorry looking to put out with the rest so they were in the clearance section. I think they'll be fine with a little love though.
    I also got a Pardon Me daylily for a dollar.
    They are still getting in new perennials so keep watching the clearance. They had a big table of echinacea Sombrero Salsa Red and Sombrero Sandy Yellow that the clerk said were just in. I'm hoping they'll forget to water those or something and I can go back and get some at a bargain price. : )

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia