Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
trudi_d

Hacked

trudi_d
11 years ago

This is not a good thing, not now, but the future will be better.

Last week WinterSown.Org was hacked and a viral code inserted into some its files.

I have been able to remove only some of the viral code placed by the hackers onto WinterSown. I feel a strong responsibility to the public to not allow my site to create a problem for its users. I've told USDA/AgNIC what's going on--WinterSown is an AgNIC site--and I have their blessing and their consolation/hugs/kisses to do what I must to provide a safe site for my users.

I have instructed the host to pull the site down. I will be building a new site on their new cloud server. Initially the home page will link to the FAQs at GW, the discussion forum, the group at FaceBook, and anything else pertinent. I've downloaded and printed out a copy of the site stats from the busiest month and will use that as a guide for rebuilding wintersown. The pages with the most traffic will get put up first, the pages with the lowest traffic will likely be dropped.

I feel very bad that some of the old URLs won't be reused, but new is new, it's actually unavoidable. The new site should be easier to navigate for the user and much more efficient for me to build.

I was hoping to have an easy summer this season, but that's not possible right now. I do hope you understand that these crappy things happen but like the fabled phoenix wintersown will arise from the ashes as be as wonderful as ever.

T

PS...I've linked to the WebArchive at the Internet Wayback Machine, it's a little funky but it's mostly all there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Web Archive of WinterSown.Org

Comments (8)

Sponsored