Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blooms of Late July

Posted by ladygladys z5b/6a NEPA (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 26, 13 at 23:09

Hi all! I hope everyone is having a break from that disgusting heatwave that killed my poor Iceland Poppy :(
Here are some things that survived the scorcher!

Balloon Flower
Balloon Flower photo 07-16-13002_zpscee6df99.jpg

Sweet Sultan White & Pink
White Sweet Sultan photo SweetSultan_zpsef1bb9a4.jpg

photo PinkSweetSultan_zpsb3f52913.jpg

Moss Rose
Moss Rose photo MossRose_zps2bd929fe.jpg

Dwarf Red Coreopsis
Dwarf Red Plains Coreopsis photo DwarfRedCoreopsis_zps6e8a1afd.jpg

Maltese Cross
Maltese Cross photo 07-24-13001_zps5e87d4e6.jpg

Pink Hibiscus
Pink Hibiscus photo PinkHibiscus_zps043353da.jpg

Coreopsis
Coreopsis photo Coreopsis_zps53e2cee7.jpg

Zinnia
Yellow Zinnia photo YellowZinnia_zps1ac5c7ba.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blooms of Late July

Very Pretty! Your garden is doing well! What is the Sultan flower?

o

Your flowers look great. And I, too, want to know about that sultan flower -- it's gorgeous and I've never heard of it before.

Caryl

o

Thanks ladyrose & caryl! Sweet sultan's scientific name is Centaurea moschata. It is an annual and the white one has a greater scent than the pink one. It's like a honeyed chocolate scent? Difficult to describe but it is one where you have to put your nose right next to it to smell it. The white one has already given me some seeds. So I will be ready for trades in the fall. If interested let me know so I can put some aside for you both.

o

I will def. be interested Ladygladys. Just e-mail me what you might like. I have not updated my list, but I've got a lot of flower & veg. seeds.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here