Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mori1_gw

Well its August and .................

mori1
10 years ago

So here it is August and some of the plants that I wintered sowed, are still in the containers. Part of the reason is I have no idea what they are. After the extremely rare May snowstorm, we got hit we a lot and I mean a lot of rain. My soil was so saturated that I afraid that one of my trees would fall over, I was afraid to even touch them. The rain caused several of the tags to come off the containers and then there were the ones that had all the soil washed out. Let's just say it wasn't a pretty picture and a bunch of seedling didn't make it. My other excuse is the fact that I have been redoing my garden beds after my not so pleasant soil test results. I have done all but one bed in the front yard and trying to work my rose beds in the back but mother nature hasn't been helpful. Three weeks ago the ground was so hard that I almost broke something trying to dig a hole. I tried wetting the soil in the evening so I could work it during the day but the ground was parched. Then last week we had 6 days of cloudy, humid, on and off rain which was great for the plants and helped lower my water bill. But so much for working in garden and just when I think I'm finally getting somewhere it rains again. At this rate I'm not sure if the rest of the winter sowed annuals will make it into the ground before October. The no name ones are going to have to wait until next year and hopefully I'll know what they are by then. Oh well, at least my new garden tools will be here by Friday and I stop hurting myself on tools that should have been retired last year.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting