Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katydidd4365

Seeds on Ebay

katydidd4365
16 years ago

Has anyone ordered any of the seeds offered on ebay? There are a couple I want, but don't want to be disappointed.

Comments (12)

• Pamela Church
    16 years ago

I have several vendors on Ebay that I buy from regularly. Just be sure to check feedback and shipping. The better vendors will combine as many items as you win in a certain time frame (usually 5 - 7 days) for a single shipping charge (about $3 - 4).

• paulan70
    16 years ago

Yes I have bought seeds off of ebay before and I have been happy with them. Just check the feed back and see what others say about it.

Paula

• new_in_texas
    16 years ago

Who were you thinking of buying from? some of us might be able to chime in with germination success/failure rates.

I have been quite pleased with groco (linked below). Prices, shipping and germination all seem to be great. I prefer their online store, rather than having to bid and wait.

Here is a link that might be useful: groco

• vera_eastern_wa
    16 years ago

Yes, I have but I knew of them as relatively local companies before hand by word-of-mouth

• tosser
    16 years ago

Groco is great, I've been buying from them for several years now - they always send a lot of seeds, too.

Tip: Before purchasing, email the seller with a list of everything you want to buy from him and request that he confirm he actually has it.

Last February I bought $50 worth of seeds from a seller with 2000+ glowing feedback ratings. Several packets were missing and a few were labeled as what I'd ordered but weren't. When I emailed the seller he gave me a long, drawn-out "woe is me" story, although he did agree to send 2 of the missing seed packets plus a refund.

He didn't have the others so I was sol. Of course, the ones he never had to begin with were the ones I wanted the most, and the fact that he had them listed was the only reason I bought so much to begin with (1-stop shopping). As far as eBay goes, I'm going to stick to groco and Al Hirt (hirtsgardens & seedmart).

• mmqchdygg
    16 years ago

Yep; I use Onestoppoppyshop, and she is excellent! A little pricey, but has lots to choose from that I can't find elsewhere. Nice packaging, too. It's worth it for the initial investment, cuz now I have OODLES of the seeds forever!
    JMglvr is another gal I bought from- Morning Glories
    seedmart gets a thumbs up...
    I think I might have used hirtsgardens, but can't recall..sounds vaguely familiar.

• dawiff
    16 years ago

I have ordered from groco and been really happy with them. Another seller who has unusual stuff that has done well for me is Devonshire Gardens. She's based in Canada, so shipping to the US might be more, but her seeds have been worth it. I had really good germination on the Confetti Geranium seeds I ordered from her last year.

Alison

• kimka
    16 years ago

Like others have said, feedback gives you a pretty good idea about the quality of a seller. I've also found the reasonableness of their shipping rates is also a good indicator of the rest of the business practices. Full price shiping for every seed packet with no combined shipping has almost always gone hand in hand with small numbers of seeds and other problems.

• littleonefb
    16 years ago

have bought morning glory seeds from JMGLVR and 25-gordon-24. Wonderful people to buy from, seeds are as described and most important all their seeds have bloomed exactly as described. Not so with some sellers of morning glory seeds.

Don't let the fact that 24-gordon-24's son sells the morning glory seeds. He's a teen and is wonderful to deal with.

Fran

• letha1971
    16 years ago

I have ordered from several ebay vendors.I was only disapointed with one who sent her seeds in a regular envelope.Some had been crushed when I recieved them.My favorite seller is Winchester Garden Supply.They sent lots of seeds in great packaging,pics,directions and all.I believe they sent extras too.And they did combined shipping. Letha

• deborahz7
    16 years ago

Unlike the folks above I didn't have a good experience with Groco. I waited almost 3 months for my seeds but I did finally get them. It was so not worth the trouble though. One of them was Blue Fescue & I've tried sowing them 3 different times now but nothing ever happens.

I've used with good results Josam~something something and FlowerAngel. Really like FlowerAngel. Combined shipping and bonus too. We emailed back & forth for awhile & she seemed like a really nice person too.

• panchiro
    16 years ago

I too had a bad experience with groco seeds. It took a month for me to receive the 5 packs I ordered.
    I have had good results with and quick shipping seeds from Josam5, egardensales, zanna1, caleb864, calseeds, willowlanefarm, jswrobo, and ovm-seeds. Wow, didn't realize I was buy so many seeds! LOL

Simone

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA