Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenweed_z6a

Opinions wanted - border edge

gardenweed_z6a
12 years ago

I've got Carex 'Ice Dance'/Japanese sedge grass divisions planted along the curved edge of a part sun bed on a slope. I spaced the divisions from the mother plant 20" apart so they'd have room to grow but now I'm looking at the spaces and thinking about dividing a medium-sized heuchera/coral bells and planting them between the sedge grass divisions. 'Ice Dance' is a very well-behaved green/white variegated low-growing ornamental grass for shade and the coral bells I'm looking to divide is sort of a burgundy-bronze. Both are apparently happy in this part of the garden and have grown into healthy, robust perennials.

I'm inviting observations/comments/opinions from those of you who have them regarding what I've got in mind. I think I'd be happy leaving the sedge to fill in but don't want to pass up the opportunity to add a little contrast while the adding is good. When it comes to garden design, I'm a triple deluxe greenhorn with IT/business analyst credentials. One reason I latched on to winter sowing was plunk 'n run!!! Another reason I'm asking for help is I latched on to winter sowing, plunked 'n ran.

Any thoughts?

Comments (5)