Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tepelus

My new butterfly/hummingbird bed

tepelus
12 years ago

Just wanted to share with you all a bed I've been working on for the past two weeks, but had been planning for the past year or so. Most of the plants were winter sown this year, some were plants I had to pot up last year when we replaced our garage with a new one and over-wintered (some of those were winter sown from previous years), handful are reseeds I dug up from other beds and transplanted to this one, and about a dozen or so were purchased. Most, but not all are North American native plants and cultivars. I still need to mulch it, may use shredded leaves around the plants, wood chips for the narrow path I left to be able to get in there and weed, and I think I might get some small light colored gravel for the center section where my plants that like drier soil are planted. The bed is ten feet wide by about thirty seven feet long, a few feet short of the full forty foot length of the garage due to the chain link fence. I can't wait until the next couple of years when it all matures and fills in.

{{gwi:429853}}

{{gwi:429854}}

{{gwi:429855}}

{{gwi:429856}}

Panoramic view (tis why it looks curved, it's not)

{{gwi:429857}}

Thanks for looking.

Karen

Comments (7)

Sponsored