Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
countrycarolyn

I'm not doing it!!

countrycarolyn
12 years ago

It is almost that time for the winterswap. Well I am not going to host it cause I made a lot of screw ups last year and I just don't have time. I am not even sure I will be able to join.

Granted I haven't even been lurking lately, but we had a cool spell come through and I pulled out the socks for 2 days. Well it made me think oh my it is almost that time. Yeah go ahead call me an early riser, cause it's true.

So question is who is hosting the swap?? Is token back?? Are there any volunteers??

Another question have you guys started stock piling your potting mix yet?? Oh my I just got nervous I am not prepared!! Yikes, winter be in no hurry to come this year!!

Comments (14)

• countrycarolyn
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I take it that no one else wants to host it.

IF I figure a way to do it I will post to let you guys know. I hate the thought of it not happening. If I do find a way I will start it october 1st. I am not making any promises but I will try my best if no one else steps up.

• terrene
    12 years ago

I don't participate in swaps, but I was just thinking about picking up some Pro mix. I've bought it at the local Ace hardware who has it shipped from the warehouse. The price this year has gone up - used to be $32.49/bale, now they're charging 39.99.

• countrycarolyn
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Man what a price increase! I haven't looked at prices yet and I am scared to wait for it to go on sale, last year I got stuck getting the high dollar mix cause I waited so long. Lesson learned!! Lol

• ladyrose65
    12 years ago

I got 4 classes. I trying to figure out how and I'm going to clean-up and take down my garden.

• sassybutterfly_2008
    12 years ago

I'll step up and host this year's Winter Swap if Token doesn't wish to. I'm a glutton for punishment. :))

I just re-read thru 2009's and 2010's swap threads so I have an idea of how to handle 2011's. Just let me know if no one else steps in and I'll be happy to host this year's swap.

Besides.. my dining room table is almost always covered in all sorts of seeds for seed swaps, seed catalogs and garden designs the last 4 months of every year.. this will just make it feel even more like... home! :)

~Wendy / sassyb

• poisondartfrog
    12 years ago

Great Wendy! I will be watching for you to post the swap.
    Alana

• terrene
    12 years ago

Glad to hear you've stepped in and offered to host the swap Wendy, and relieving CC and token.

Well, I stopped by the local Ace to order the ProMix yesterday and it was actually $35.99/bale. The price has gone up, but not as much as I thought. Guess that 39.99 price was from the website of an Ace outlet in Brooklyn.

• sassybutterfly_2008
    12 years ago

I wish we could get the ProMix brand here! I've looked for 2 years now. Guess it's not a 'southern thang'. :) I just keep mixing my own mix til they come to their senses...

• countrycarolyn
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Wendy I could hug your neck girl!!

You don't know how happy I am someone is hosting this swap!! If you need any help just send me an email. I don't know any advice I can give accept allow yourself plenty of time. Last year I put such a rush on it I burnt myself out major! If people also include in a list what they send and what they want will help major.

Girl you will do good!! Thank you so much for hosting it!!

• sassybutterfly_2008
    12 years ago

You're quite welcome Carolyn. I'm happy to give it a shot! I'll be posting the new swap on October 15th. :) Please join in!

~Wendy / sassyb

• jessewo
    12 years ago

I just picked up a bale of ProMix so I have it when I need it & I know it was more than last year, but not exactly how much-I bought a bunch of different things that day.

Terrene, I just got an e-mail from Ace offering a $5 off $25 purchase coupon, but I think it's only good through the weekend

Sassybutterfly, if you want to try to contact the Promix folks they are located in Bucks county PA-Doylestown or Quakertown-I can check the package if you'd like the info

• terrene
    12 years ago

Hi Jessew, a coupon would have been nice, but I picked up my bale last week. It ended up costing $34.99 (confused about the price I guess).

Please note that ProMix BX which has the mychorrhizal fungus in it has an expiration date. The fungus is good for about 9 months. My only complaint is that my bale appears to have a November 2011 expiration date. I won't even be starting my winter-sowing by then!

• morguegirl
    12 years ago

Regarding the Promix...

If you live near an ACE Hardware, see if they will order it for you. I did this last year and got a great price. Also, my Agway carries it.

Amy

• sassybutterfly_2008
    12 years ago

That's a great tip, Amy. I do have one ACE store left not too terribly far from here. I'll give them a call this week!

Meanwhile everybody get ready... only 5 days til The Winter Sowing Swap begins!

Sponsored