Return to the Winter Sowing Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brusselss Sprouts

Posted by connie-k 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 30, 13 at 13:31

I am just about ready to harvest my Brussels Sprouts.
Any one have a good recipe.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brusselss Sprouts

Just boil and add butter! Yum!! Have you had any frost yet? I've heard that Brussels sprouts are sweetest when harvested after a frost.

Martha

o

They're really good when tossed with some balsamic vinegar and roasted. I like food.com for recipes and read the comments -- sometimes the commenters have really useful suggestions for tweaking a recipe.

o

hi,connie-k. I think too that sprouts are best after a frost. I have picked them with having to brush snow off. I am nw il. 6 mi. from wisc border and had 1st frost last night.

o

• Posted by lgslgs z6 SE ohio (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 13, 13 at 12:35

Alton Brown had a show a few years back with some incredible brussles sprouts recipes.

Here is a link that might be useful: Really tasty recipes

o

Thanks for the recipe site.
I still have to pick the brussels spouts-waiting till it gets a little cooler at night (which I am sure will be soon)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Winter Sowing Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here