Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bakemom_gw

Newbie Seed Project DONORS wanted

bakemom_gw
9 years ago

it's that time of year to consider donating extra seeds to the Newbie Seed project 2014-15. I take any kind of seeds packaged and labeled. If you don't have time,i will package up bulk donations. We send out packs of 20+ seed packs to 300-500 new gardeners every year. Same addy:
Karen Cornwell (mcCoy)
1630 Ardwick Road
Columbus, Ohio 43220

Cornwell is my maiden name. glad to be back!

Comments (14)

• smokey28777
    9 years ago

I am a new gardner who just retired and am planning my garden for next spring. I have very few plants and no seeds and could use any that anyone can spare. Thank You!

• ladyrose65
    9 years ago

Karen, I sent you an e-mail.

• ladyrose65
    9 years ago

Karen, are you accepting Burpee vegetable seeds. I know people are particular about GMO vegetables. I got a mixture of plain, Heirloom and Organic line of vegetables.

• terrene
    9 years ago

Hi Bakemom, I will be sending along a bubbler of seeds at some point, but I'm pretty much in the beginning of seed saving season. I am collecting tons of milkweed at the moment.

Is there anything in particular that you are looking for this year? Preference for flowers or veggies?

• sdambr
    9 years ago

As a recipient in the past, I will gladly send. They are drying now, so expect them in the next month.

• doubleAmom
    9 years ago

I will also be participating this year as a donor. I am currently putting the packs together and will get them out to you in the coming weeks as more seeds become dry and ready for packaging.

• kimka
    9 years ago

Hi Karen,

I'm just starting to package up the seeds I've been drying from harvest this fall. In a week or two, I'll get a nice fat bubbler off to you.

• kimka
    9 years ago

Seeds off in the USPS to you this morning. Watch for them the end of the week or so if the polar vortex doesn't get you first.

Kim

• bakemom_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Donations are coming in regularly now, so it's almost time to sit down and put some newbie packs together. I can't wait to get started!

• heavenlyfarm
    9 years ago

bakemom,

Would Arizona Sun Gaillardia, Tall Mix Strawflower and a few others(I can't remember and I'm tired lol) be okay? I know the gaillardia is pretty common...I just got all these in recent trade and I have that stuff so would love to pass it along! :) Please shoot me an email
    ~Michael
    heavenlyfarm
    free2be_any1@yahoo.com

• donna.frost.ky.girl
    9 years ago

Hi veteran's i live in zone 6b monticello ky i moved here from Az now live on my inlaws 200 acre farm and have the garden bug!!!I have never traded,but plan too next year i love cottage gardening,medicinal herbs and cut.flowers roses too i share the cut flowers with my local church and elderly in the community Any CHANCE OF SOME SEEDS?my list isn't up to date but i don't need Luffa gourd or nicitonia as I saved these i also want cotton seeds if any available....yadayadayada. any would be wonderful god bless

• cottonwood468
    9 years ago

Bakemom, I joined gardenweb in May and by the time I contacted you, it was over for the season. I would like to be included this time around. I will send you an email.

Mary E.

• docmom_gw
    9 years ago

I've got my seeds all packed up for you. I just need to get to the post office to send them on their way.

Martha

• donna.frost.ky.girl
    9 years ago

I forgot to give my address it is Donna frost 52 sunshine way Monticello Kentucky 42633. Also I'm not sure if it's OK to request but if anybody has any of these tall cottage garden cutting garden Types foxgloves delphinium; Hollyhocks; Martagon lilies seeds. any species lilies; Lotus or cotton.... In my garden I like cottage types that are over 24 inches tall in pinks blues and purples It's currently filled with mostly David Austin roses. I'm so happy and excited to be part of this seed donation program thank you all so much!! Almost forgot my favorite any type of dahlia seed

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz