Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
docmom_mn_zone_5

Just put an offer on a house!

docmom_gw
12 years ago

Just wanted to share my excitement. I'm getting remarried next month and had planned to have him live with me. But, we came across a great house for sale in a nearby neighborhood and decided it would be fun to start out our life together in a house new to both of us. It's bigger and has a huge yard--though mostly shady. It will be great for my native woodland gardening. Hopefully,our offer will be accepted, the bank will come through with the loan, and we can move in quickly. I'm hoping to get in before the ground freezes so I can transplant some of my mature plants from my current garden. If the ground does freeze, I guess I'll have a great excuse for a busy wintersowing season. Wish me luck!

Martha

Comments (10)

• faerygardener z7 CA
    12 years ago

Congrats and good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: My blog

• bakemom_gw
    12 years ago

Woodland? Do you need some betony seeds as a housewarming?

• docmom_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Bakemom,
    I'd never heard of betony before. I googled it and it appears there are lots of types. I don't need a thing, of course, but who can turn down new flowers? Do you know what type you have and if they need moisture, dappled sun, deep shade, etc? Even if we don't get the house, I have plenty of shade where I am, and I'm always looking for something that will bloom there. Do you know if it attracts any birds or bugs? I'm always interested in increasing the kinds of critters I have around. I'll be very busy in the next few weeks, but if I get a chance, I'll send a SASBE. Thanks for the offer.

And thanks Faerygardener for the good wishes.

Martha

• bakemom_gw
    12 years ago

try this link. It's not weedy but makes nice mounds of foliage then it sets up spikes with purple flowers. It's the woodland version of lamb's ear. It is not a thug though and takes time to make a nice mound.

Here is a link that might be useful: woodland betony

• kqcrna
    12 years ago

That's wonderful Martha. I'm so happy for you. Let us know if you get it.

Karen

• northerner_on
    12 years ago

Congratultions on both your marriage and your new house. I hope the two of you will be very happy together. How lovely to be starting afresh!! Good luck!!!

• docmom_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Update. We've come to an agreement on price. The initial info from the bank is that they'll grant the loan, even without my current house being sold. Inspections are set for this Friday. One special feature of this house, it has a well in addition to the city water/sewer. So, I can water my plants without having to pay city water rates. I've always been a minimal waterer anyway, since I grow mostly natives. But, maybe I'll be able to keep my Zinnias and New England Asters from looking so ratty by the end of the season. It also has a huge basement with tall ceilings. perfect for wintersowing space. Can you tell I'm trying to keep this somewhat on topic?

Martha

• kqcrna
    12 years ago

I'm so happy for you Martha!

Karen

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

Wonderful news about your marriage and your new home. Exciting times for you all.

• trudi_d
    12 years ago

Martha,

Good luck on your marriage and your new home!

Trudi

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living